Brewer Fanatic

Dunn Rumor (Dead)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coincidence? Jim Powell is talking about the unusually timing of a organizational meeting this morning. Powell said Melvin & Co discussed "who to target".

Could this be part of the start of this rumor?

edit : Wow, I type slow.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Or Hall to 2B.

Not a bad idea at all, but I just dont see them scrapping all the improvement that Hall has made in CF by putting him at 2B. But if they did, our lineup would look like this with Dunn.

1. Corey Hart- CF

2. JJ Hardy- SS

3. Ryan Braun- 3B

4. Prince Fielder- 1B

5. Bill Hall- 2B

6. Adam Dunn- LF

7. Geoff Jenkins- RF

8. Johhny Estrada- C

9. Pitcher

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

From espn.com

Is Dunn done in Cincy?

Jul 19 - According to a radio report in Milwaukee, the Brewers are believed to be close to acquiring Adam Dunn from the Brewers in exchange for outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr., right-handed reliever Matt Wise and an infield prospect.

Still unsure why Cincy would trade Dunn now instead of the offseason. Yes his option comes with a no trade clause, but that could be bought out and would think it would get you more than an over 30 reliever with one year left and a mid level infield prospect (guessing).

As to a big staff meeting. It could have to do with deciding about what to do with Weeks.

I think that this is going to end up like the Overbay deal. Everyone seemed to see it coming, have a rough guess of what they thought it would be and then when it gets announced the pieces are all different.

I have been advocating getting Dunn for about a year. I know the BA isn't that high, but he walks a ton which mostly makes up for that. Dunn hitting behind Fielder would be fierce.

As someone mentioned already I too would rather have Eric Burnes but, I don't get everything I want. Byrnes is a guy that I would think that the Brewers would/could/should target in the offseason to replace Jenkins.

Well gotta go, need to see what the Cubbies website is saying about this rumor.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dunn to Milwaukee rumors are just that, "Dunn." Not as in Dunn deal, but not Dunn... not happening. I called Cincinnati's Radio 1530 studio line and they haven't heard any speculation regarding Dunn to Milwaukee.

To be fair, a radio station not knowing about a trade doesn't mean it won't happen.

At this point I am leaning towards it being unlikely, but I'd never say never.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

"Dunn to Milwaukee rumors are just that, "Dunn." Not as in Dunn deal, but not Dunn... not happening. I called Cincinnati's Radio 1530 studio line and they haven't heard any speculation regarding Dunn to Milwaukee."

on their website they address the rumor, so they're @#%$. that lance guy mentions it

When the Brewers made the trade for Mench weren't the Reds and Pirates two of the teams that were rumored to be asking the Brewers about his potential availability?

Mench's power would be amplified in Cincys park.

It is just fun to speculate. The Reds have a lot of pieces that the Brewers could use that could potentially be available.

David Weathers

Adam Dunn

Bronson Arroyo

?Ryan Freel?

Archived