Brewer Fanatic

Dunn Rumor (Dead)

That isnt true. They may be waiting for after the game to announce it, they may have some last minute details on the deal to work out.

I'm sorry, but if they are anywhere even close to a trade involving Tony Gwynn he wouldn't be playing today. That doesn't mean a deal involving Gwynn won't happen tomorrow or next week, but if this is a "done deal" Gwynn wouldn't be playing. Who knows, Gwynn might not be involved? But how would you feel if you were Doug Melvin and had possibly a trade like this done, and Gwynn hurts himself today?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone spotted running off the field gives a rumour credibility?

I saw a groundskeeper run off the field as well.

Maybe both teams are getting a guy who can really rake.

This is the exact reason why I never post here..... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Is he crying and giving everyone hugs?

LOL

anyways, here's another site with more speculation for anyone who wants to kill some more time at work.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/baseball/viewtopic.php?t=3284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Anyone spotted running off the field gives a rumour credibility?

I saw a groundskeeper run off the field as well.

Maybe both teams are getting a guy who can really rake.

Come on man. He never meant it to give it credibility. He came on the site and saw this thread minutes after his friend told him that. He added what he could had at the time. It is quite a coincidence that his friend said this to him at the same time this rumor is going on. It may mean nothing, but dont discourage someone for saying something like that.

Internet forums are places people go to get fast information.

If you want more reliable info from vetted sources wait for someone like SI or the J-S to make a statement about it.

If you want 100% rock-solid info just wait til it's official.

Could it be that maybe Melvin is trying to make another trade of Gwynn or Mench (or other parts) for bullpen help before announcing this trade? Just a thought.

If this rumor has any truth to it, DM could definitely be trying to finalize another trade, so as not to be caught short in the bullpen, etc.

However, I just don't think the Brewers would be looking for a player like Dunn. I would think they would be in the market for more of a pure hitter - a guy who consistently hits well avg/ops-wise... not a guy who is power or nothing (even though Dunn does walk a bunch).

Jim Powell just reported that the Brewers had a "lengthy staff meeting this morning - something that is unusual for happening prior to a day game" so there may be something going on.

Archived