Brewer Fanatic

Dunn Rumor (Dead)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like the addition of Dunn, it MUST be followed up by aquiring a reliever.

Update: This is from a cincinnati radio station. And it is NOT confirmed by WSSP yet. The whole deal would be Dunn for Wise, TGJ, and an IF prospect. However, TGJ is in the starting lineup, making them skeptical.

but what does Dunn's deal look like going forward?

He has an option with the Reds that is voided if he's traded, so he's a free agent if he comes to Milwaukee. The Brewers would owe him about $4.3 mil the rest of the way.

Team Canada has a taste in their mouths for HRs that can only be sated by a certain Mr. Dunn, it seems.

I trust what Team Canada is going to do. They've got a plan and they'll do what they need to do to make the team better. I'm excited about the fact that we're actually trying to get better at the deadline as opposed to getting rid of guys!

I just tried to get ahold of my buddy who is on the field as we speak to see if he had anymore info. No answer. I find it fairly coincidental that he text me "did the Brewers trade Wise and Turnbow" and I check here and a message was posted about Wise getting traded. For the record, he didn't say anything about Dunn, I got that info from here.

Quote:
My buddy is on the field right now with the Italian flagthrowers who are performing and just called me. No joke. Wise and Tbow just ran from the bullpen to the clubhouse. No joke. Take it for what it is worth.

Quote:
Turnbow and Wise are good friends so I am sure they are just doing normal stuff together

I was thinking the same thing about Turnbow and Wise. If there was a trade it could just be that if one got traded, the other ran along to hear the news with the other.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Does anyone know, if Gwynn played for the Brewers today, and was traded after the game, if he somehow could make it to Florida for the Cincy game, could he play for them tonight? Can you play for two different teams on the same day?

I think he could play in both games. I seem to remember players being traded between doubleheaders playing in both games for both teams.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Archived