Brewer Fanatic

Dunn Rumor (Dead)

maybe Melvin said he was never talking about Griffey, but i'm certainly not expecting any major-sport GM to be totally honest.

if adding Dunn is the player that would prevent us from losing the division by a couple games, then even Irribarren would be worth letting go of to me.

names like Santana or Garza are usually throw around for players as good as Dunn, so if we could pull of that trade for a player the level of Irribarren, it doesn't seem like an unreasonable cost.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what to think. Dunn's production would really outweigh Jenkins's, but I don't like the idea of just renting a player. That might be just because I'm not used to the idea though. If the rumor is accurate, then I would be all for it. I don't like the idea of throwing in Weeks because I still feel like he has an insane amount of potential and I'd hate to throw away those potential All-Star seasons where we'd perennially contend for trying to go for broke on the first shot. If the move doesn't pay off, the Brewers don't win the World Series and Dunn walks...would it be worth it to lose Weeks? If the deal doesn't include Weeks and would go down as stated, sign me up.

1) What team is going to trade a relief pitcher for Jenkins? He's neither young nor signed cheaply. It would need to be a team in contention and they tend not to cut up their bullpens.

2) Dunn isn't much if any of an upgrade because his defense is so bad. WARP for Dunn 2.4. WARP for Jenkins 2.4. Dunn's comes from BRAR 27 and FRAR - 5. Jenkins has BRAR 10 and FRAR 11.

Its this year. But because of his defense, the only time Dunn had a WARP higher than Jenkins in a full season for both was 2004.

I'm not saying that all being equal I'd take Jenkins over Dunn, but I would prefer Jenkins and Wise over Dunn.

this rumor makes a lot of sense. We have three infielders, Matt Gamel, Escobar, and Irribarren who are all expendable adn could definetly help out another team. I think that we shoud throw in an outfielder. But dunn is the kind of thing the team needs. We need another power threat behind prince to scare someone. Imagine a top 6 in our order of Hart, Hardy, Braun, Fielder, Dunn, Hall trying to hit u. It would make me wet myself

("trying to hit u"? Please note forum rule about AOL-speak: What kind of language is not allowed?. Thanks. --1992casey)

Dunn

Phillips

for:

Weeks

Zach Jackson

Gamel

Gross

This is a bit of an extension of the rumor for Dunn straight up, I was thinking that there may be a chance to get both Dunn and Phillips in the same deal, especially if Weeks is included in the deal going the other way. I doubt the Brewers would want to trade Weeks away, even with his struggles. Dunn would be a two month rental, then he would leave and the Brewers would receive compensation picks for next year. Phillips would be the real key in this scenario, because Milwaukee would retain his rights for a couple of years before he hits free agency.

would cincy even think of doing this (my guess is they'd need to get a better arm in the deal than Jackson to say yes, but Weeks' potential alone may be enough for the reds to say yes - although his potential may also be enough for Milwaukee to not even consider moving him)

------------------

Quote:
I have never liked Adam Dunn. I know the stats people like him, but I just find him painful to watch. He looks clumsy out in leftfield and the strikeouts would drive me nuts. We already have so many homeruns as it is.

I think we need a high average singles and doubles hitter instead of someone like Dunn. I hope this rumor is not true.

I agree with Ajay on this one. We hit for power just fine (second in HRs only to Cincy, I believe, unless we have passed them). The problem this team has had on offense this year has been driving guys in without the homerun. We leave tons of RISP. Another power hitter who swings and misses too much is not the solution.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I agree with Ajay on this one. We hit for power just fine (second in HRs only to Cincy, I believe, unless we have passed them). The problem this team has had on offense this year has been driving guys in without the homerun. We leave tons of RISP. Another power hitter who swings and misses too much is not the solution.

I think OBP is a bigger problem than RISP. Milwaukee is 9th in the NL with a team OBP of 330 and 11th in the NL with RISP. The thing is, RISP situations only accounts for roughly 25% of the teams plate appearances. Yes, those situations are important, but for a team that hits as many home runs as the Brewers do, I don't think it is as important as just getting on base.

Replacing Jenkins' 320 OBP with Dunns 360 (combined with moving JJ from the two spot in the lineup) wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I have no link because it was a radio report... but they basically said:

"BREAKING NEWS! The Brewers are close to aquiring Adam Dunn for Matt Wise and a PTBNL."

Turn on WSSP and they are talking about it off and on with some reporters.

why would the brewers weaken spot here.

Losing Wise in the Pen would be very seious and hope this is not true . we need all the depth we can have their unless they have a second move to be made with Jenks or Mench for a reliever.

Archived