Brewer Fanatic

Dunn Rumor (Dead)

www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Rumors heard

The rumor going around MLB is Dunn to the Brewers for

Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr., and an infield prospect.

Doesnt make a ton of sense, but it would be a heck of a steal if that prospect isnt anyone on the big league roster. Brewer I would think would have the most value, but......

Reds Fans Takes

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we really don't have an infield prospect that's expendable. I don't think Sollman counts. Heether...nope.

Wise and Gwynn makes sense. But does this put Hart as our CF? And when Hall comes back, does Jenkins sit? I don't see how this really improves things

In other news, the 'prospect' is Ryan Braun.

Seriously, that would be highway robbery. Almost hard to believe it's actually coming from a Reds' talk radio site, as usually rumors that are that one-sided come from the team getting the great side of it.

Yep, I'd throw in Ricky but the Reds wouldn't go for it.

Dunn would be a serious offensive upgrade over Jenkins who could either become the 4th outfilelder or be moved to replace Wise.

This isn't likely going to happen though. Then again it is the Reds we are talking about.

I have never liked Adam Dunn. I know the stats people like him, but I just find him painful to watch. He looks clumsy out in leftfield and the strikeouts would drive me nuts. We already have so many homeruns as it is.

I think we need a high average singles and doubles hitter instead of someone like Dunn. I hope this rumor is not true.

I have mixed feelings on this.

1) IF weeks is in the deal aren't Weeks, Fielder, Hardy all friends and grew up in the minors together? How would this affect the chemistry?

2) I would do it if Weeks isnt in the deal.

3) This rumor may has some legs has when asked about going after Griffey Melvin said they had talks with the Reds gm, and it wasnt about Griffey.

Hart, Hardy, Fielder, Braun, Dunn, Hall, Estrada, Mench/Jenkins is a really good lineup.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If this rumor is true, a lot of people don't realize that Dunn can spot Fielder at 1B when Prince needs a day off.

Considering Prince doesn't take but maybe a day a month off, I don't think from our standpoint that this fact makes the deal any more attractive. If Prince were to get hurt, then yeah, it makes a lot of sense, but as is, I think Dunn's 1st base ability is a non factor in this deal.

Also keep in mind that Dunn would bring the Brewers a draft pick or two if they don't resign him (and offer him arby) Gwynn is expendable, Escobar is years away if at all, and while it would hurt to lose Wise, you would think Melvin would package either Jenkins or Mench (probably Jenks) with a prospect for a very good bullpen arm to replace Matty.

Archived