Brewer Fanatic

Favorite Season/Weather vs. Birthday

ttsather

A little anecdotal experiment.

I have been told and read non-scientifically before that seasonal preference may be based on initial childhood familiarity. Said basically, the theory is that you'll prefer the season in which you came into the world, because it was your first frame of reference. There are a lot of confounding factors, of course, not the least of which being the limited amount of time babies spend outdoors at all soon after birth. Just curiosity, here.

So, I want to know whether you have a preference in season and how it compares to the time of year in which you were born.

I strongly prefer the summer, to the point that the winter affects me both physically and mentally. Both the cold and lack of sunlight seem to play a role. I was born in June.

I work during the summer as a sailing instructor here in Madison. Of my fellow instructors at my club, we have what seems to be an disproportionately high number of summer birthdays. Unsure if it is statistically significant.

I was born in December, right around Christmas. I actually like winter, normally (the past two years are really trying to change that). I think as I get older, I like it less and less because it affects me negatively much more now than when I was a kid. Mentally, it is taking a toll this year, big time. That being said, I still like a good snowfall, and I cheer on temps like we had last week, if for anything, it makes a great story to tell.

I like summer, just not when it's 95 and humid. I think I like it more than winter, but not by much. Once again, I like it less and less as I get older because I don't get to enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid, or in college (if I get a teaching job soon, I'll love it once again).

So, do answer your initial question...I was born in winter and like winter, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite season.

I was born in December. I think being in school for the last 20 years or so has developed a love for summer within me. I couldn't state an absolute favorite with any certainty, though. I'm a huge Christmas guy and I love the early snowfalls, so winter is appealing. I love playing ball and being out in the sun all summer. Spring just brings a new energy (and mud and muck). Fall is probably my least favorite, I would say, as it gets colder and grey out. Football and playoff baseball (hopefully) make that time of year more than bearable, though.

I don't think I could be included in this study.

when i get asked what my favorite season is, i usually reply fall. but now im taking it month by month to determine my real answer. for the record, i was born in january.

january is just ok. i hate the extreme cold and my birthday is losing it's luster

not a fan of february

march is the ugliest month, but the ncaa tourney alone and the excitement for mlb makes it a good month

not a fan of april weather-wise, but the start of the baseball season makes it pretty good

may is ok

june is pretty good unless it's 90+ degrees

july is pretty good unless it's 90+ degrees

august is pretty good unless it's 90+ degrees

september is good. i like a bit cooler weather, pennant chases and start of football

october is good - see september

november is ok. no more baseball sucks, but there is some hope with my basketball teams starting and the second half of the nfl season is exciting.

december is ok

i dont even know how to pick a favorite season based on this list, but i'll try.

weather:

1.fall 2.summer 3.spring 4.winter

sports:

1. spring 2.fall 3.summer/winter

i guess fall gets the slight edge, spring and summer are right behind, followed by winter

man that was hard...

Today is actually my birthday, but I love spring through fall. Basically, I love the weather you can be outside and be comfortable, I love my windows down in the car with the sunroof open, I love the fresh air. If I had the monetary means, I would probably ride a motorcycle too.

Like fortheloveofweeks, I might mess up the study results. I was born in late February (the Brewers' first ST game is on my birthday this year!) but I am definitely a four-seasons person. Somehow, by the end of each season, I'm ready for the next. I don't know why that is the case.

In terms of extreme weather, if I have to pick one I'd choose really cold weather over heat/humidity. Humidity really wears me out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Born in September and enjoy fall, but also spring/summer (when it is not too hot). I think that has more to do with all of the events (baseballe, festivals) and things to do around town than when I was born.

I was born in late May, but I prefer the winter (usually). Much like Needmorefans, I've started disliking the winter more as I age.

I'm a hockey and racquetball player, and those tend to be winter sports, or at least more people play them in the winter.

Archived