Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Tickets/Events

Yeti73

This may be better in the Major Leagues forum, but I was wondering how I could get my hands on a handful of tickets for Opening Day. I have friends in town and in the past those guys have gone through Leff's. I see that Brewers aren't selling group tickets this year. Are there any similar events that these guys could do?

Thanks!

Formerly Andersoc420

I never got tickets through a bar before, but I imagine if the Brewers aren't selling group tickets this year that opening day is going to be awful hard to come across. I am splitting a 20 game pack with someone so thats how I got mine. I believe you can still get opening day with some 9 game packs, and for what you might end up paying for opening day you might be better off just paying a little more and getting tix to 8 more games. Opening day has been hard enough lately, but this year playing Chicago is going to make things worse.

Well, if you are really desperate, like myself, you guys can camp out at Miller Park for the Arctic Tailgate late Feburary. It is when single game tickets go on sale, and have a couple thousand available. The catch is if the tickets are on sale Saturday say, you might have to camp out maybe friday afternoon. You can buy 4 tickets per person, and although it was very cold, me and my buddies had a great time.

Surely they'll be available on ebay at a cheaper cost than camping out. I'll figure something out. They are doing the group tickets for the Saturday game so the bars are doing that. You can't really beat the 3 pm friday afternoon start though.
Formerly Andersoc420

I considered waiting to buy tickets on eBay, but I figured with the game being against the Cubs all those darn Cubs fans will be throwing money at those tickets like they're going out of style. I figured I'd have to spend around $100 for a terrace-level ticket for just Opening Day, so I might as well buy a 9-pack (the weekend plan includes 2 other Cubs games which should be easy to sell to pay off the difference).

I think the Brewers will be completely out of Opening Day tickets by the Arctic Tailgate. My brother, for his 20-pack he got new this year, said he got a letter saying that he could buy extra tickets to any game EXCEPT Opening Day. And, in another thread in the Major League forum, someone said that according to their ticket rep, there are only a few terrace tickets left and then all the SRO tickets. I would expect if there are any SRO tickets left, they will be sold through a lottery or to full-season ticket holders first.

If I still wanted Opening Day tickets, I'd do one of these things:

1) Buy the Weekend Plan 9-pack (as mentioned by mtrebs), if you need multiple tickets and think you'll attend a few more games. 10 games, including Opening Day and 2 more Cubs games, all for $126 if you go with the terrace plan.

2) Wait and buy tickets on ebay. Wait until right before the game. Tickets (almost) always come down in price. The rationale is that people who really want their tickets buy them early to make sure they have them, and they are willing to overpay the high prices that people try charging. As the game gets closer and fans/scalpers need to get rid of their tickets, tickets will come down in price. If the uncertainty isn't going to kill you, and you want to try to get tickets for as cheap as possible, wait until gameday and buy from the scalpers. Last year the good seats were going for face value ($60-$80 each) and SRO were going for $30 each when I walked by a half hour before the game. If you really want the tickets in hand though and don't want to mess around or take any chances, buy early off of Stubhub. You will pay plenty more, but you will get the tickets you want.

3) If singles aren't an issue for you, wait until right before the game. In 2008, the Brewers released all of their inventory that was previously reserved for season ticket subscribers, in addition to all available singles, the day before the game. Of course, the server was EXTREMELY busy. In any case, I managed to get a couple club level singles for a friend who really wanted the tickets. (And, if singles are available when the Arctic Tailgate rolls around, they may even sell them there.)

Sorry for such a long post but I hope at least the smallest bit was somewhat helpful http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I considered waiting to buy tickets on eBay, but I figured with the game being against the Cubs all those darn Cubs fans will be throwing money at those tickets like they're going out of style. I figured I'd have to spend around $100 for a terrace-level ticket for just Opening Day, so I might as well buy a 9-pack (the weekend plan includes 2 other Cubs games which should be easy to sell to pay off the difference).
Just and FYI, the Terrace Reserved, Terrace Box and Loge Outfield Box are all sold out in the weekend plan 9 pack.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived