Brewer Fanatic

Dave Bush avoids arbitration, signs for $4 mil in '09

And That
Projections predict about a 4.3 ERA for Bush next year, which would make Bush a bit above average. Of course, that's worth $8+ mil a year on the open market, so his salary is a steal (as they usually are for a non free agent). Basically, he's the definition of a #3 pitcher.

Projections predict about a 4.3 ERA for Bush next year, which would make Bush a bit above average. Of course, that's worth $8+ mil a year on the open market, so his salary is a steal (as they usually are for a non free agent). Basically, he's the definition of a #3 pitcher.
Yeah I think he is a very legit #3 with the potential to be a #2. All he has to do is cut down giving up the long ball.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I know Bush is under market. I also know how much Russ hates the silly idea of "big pitchers" especially when talking about basically average guys. I should have probably put my previous post in blue.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I should have probably put my previous post in blue.

I wasn't responding to your post, just giving my 2 cents. Bush is obviously a big game pitcher, though. One game doesn't lie!

All he has to do is cut down giving up the long ball.

He's a flyball pitcher who has half his starts in Miller Park. It is what it is.

It seems like for average Brewer players, I spend half my time arguing that they aren't terrible nor are they great. Sometimes, players really are just mediocre. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived