Brewer Fanatic

Any Karaokers?

lukevan

Yes, I'll admit it. I too sing karaoke. I mainly stick to "Is she really going out with him" by Joe Jackson and "Plush" by STP.

My wifes friend and I usually sing either "Summer Lovin" or "Your the one that i want" from Grease.

One time i tried to belt out "Your Love" by The Outfield, I had a great time singing it but I shudder at what i sounded like.

My first karoke attempt was during a bachelor party in 1992. A group of drunken idiots attempted to scream their way through "Welcome to the Jungle". We were booed off the stage and left the bar out of embarrassment.

I mostly specialize in word substitution. Johnny Cash's "Burning Ring of Fire" is easily performed as "Burning Crotch of Fire". My wife and I actually had karoke at our wedding dance. The video of one of my buddies singing Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" has served as excellent blackmail material. The groomsmen really nailed Devo's "Whip It" that night.

Archived