Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Walk of Fame Voting Results

craigharmann

Wouldn't you figure the Brewers' all time wins leader would get more than 23 %?

Also, Oglive is a travesty. He was so solid and hit what was, in my humble opinion, the biggest home run in Brewers history (Game 5 vs. Angels).

Burdette, Logan, and Adcock should all be in.

And in a semi-non-sequitor, Cecil Cooper's number should be retired by the club (especially with Sheets leaving).

From the Braves, as others have said Burdette, Crandall and Logan are pretty much no brainers. Joe Adcock too.

From the Brewers, George Scott definitely is deserving, in my opinion, he was every bit as good as Coop. I'd also put Oglivie, Higuera and Plesac in as well. Bamberger, Caldwell and Slaton would be borderline picks.

Mark Belling spent a small amount of air time this week chastising the voters for ignoring Burdette. Burdette absolutely should be recognized, as should Del Crandall, Boomer Scott, Jim Slaton & Johnny Logan.

He also suggested that Mark Attanasio should step in and put Burdette in the Walk of Fame. If guys like Rod Burks and Bill Michaels are getting votes they don't need to be held in such sacred regard and can simply be over-ruled IMHO.

Who is Scott Bartell?

Anyway, Burdette definitely is deserving, and I would add Logan just because of his being a key contributor on the last World Series champion from Milwaukee. Other then that, perhaps George Bamburger?

If its fame and not just a walk, Lew Burdette from the 57 series and long career with the Braves should be there. Brewers? None yet to be added, except for maybe a Rookie of the Year Star with Listach, Parsons, and Braun. Bill Parsons actually won the award in 1971 when The Sporting News and Baseball Digest were still relevant. As for who is John Barnes? To quote Roy Hobbs "There goes the best there ever was."

Archived