Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Walk of Fame Voting Results

craigharmann

if the Brewers don't have it, and it looks like they don't, they should impliment a minimum % to stay on the ballot (like MLB HOF voting), then we might see some players added, instead of having players listed who clearly do not belong on ballot.

and why not get the fans involved using some formula with % weighted to the panel, writers, and fans.

Bando got ten votes. I know he was a part of the Brewers for along time and he was pretty good as a player but his time as GM should not only preclude him from getting any votes but banned from the vote entirely.

if the Brewers don't have it, and it looks like they don't, they should impliment a minimum % to stay on the ballot

They do.

All players and managers receiving votes on at least 5% of the ballots will remain eligible in 2010.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

How does Del Crandall not have a star on this thing for the Braves? -- He was an 11 time AS, 4 time GG, always got MVP votes -- and certainly the best catcher Milwaukee has ever had.

I have concluded Milwaukee has more ******** writing about baseball than the national average.

The Brewers walk of fame is a farce.

Bando got ten votes. I know he was a part of the Brewers for along time and he was pretty good as a player but his time as GM should not only preclude him from getting any votes but banned from the vote entirely.

if the Brewers don't have it, and it looks like they don't, they should impliment a minimum % to stay on the ballot

They do.

All players and managers receiving votes on at least 5% of the ballots will remain eligible in 2010.

agree 1000% on Bando--we are just now escaping his shadow.

the % for staying on should be raised or format changed--there are at least 3-4 glaring ommisions from the Braves, and possibly another 3-4 from the Crew who may be considered shoe ins.

A Sanchez is shocking -- I NEED to know who's vote that is.

A bitter Cub fan with voting privileges. They feel they are the only team with an inalienable right to have can't miss center fielders flop miserably after a brief stay in the league.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Best line i found in the comments below:

"No kidding, whoever voted for Alex Sanchez should relinquish their voting right.

What? Jeffrey Hammonds not eligible?"

I actually dropped the pretzel i was eating to laugh at that. Back to the point, the fact that logan isn't in yet is crazy.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

We should do a Brewerfan.net Brewers Hall of Fame.
My absolute first thought upon reading Sam's post: FREE GINTER! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

But seriously, if I were asked, I'd vote in Burdette (come on, three wins in a single WS) and Logan from the Braves; and "Mr. Warmth" Caldwell and Higuera from the Brewers.

The votes I'd cast for strictly sentimental reasons are for Joe Adcock, my mom's favorite Brave back in the day; Andy Pafko because he and I share a birthday; Pete Vuckovich because he was a crazy (and crazy good) dude who didn't let injuries slow him down (even if they maybe should have at times); and Rob "a fly ball! Drilled to deep left!" Deer. When Dale Sveum becomes eligible, I'll vote for him too.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anthony Witrado voted for Sanchez.

As for the 5% cutoff to remain on the ballot, it would seem to make perfect sense, but with the incompetence that this uneducated group of voters has shown annually, I would think that's an awfully dangerous power for it to have.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

maybe the people who vote for Sanchez and other undeserving people are just casting the ridiculous votes to "protest" that the Brewers shouldn't be putting it to a vote in the first place and just name a person or two every year or so. I think it's pretty much dorky that some of the great Brave players (Crandell, Burdette) aren't there already and maybe these reporters are trying to get the club to say, "you know, these guys aren't taking this very seriously. Let's just do this ourselves."

I would probably vote in Crandell, Burdette, Bamberger, Caldwell, Higuera, Haas (maybe), Oglivie, Plesac (maybe), Scott, Vuke, and Logan for starters. Heck, just open it up to anybody that was pretty darn good in a Brewers/Braves uniform. Fill the plaza with plaques for everybody to walk all over. Does it really matter? I've yet to see one person on game day stopping to admire all the plaques in the sidewalk. Now if they did a real HOF like the Packers did? Well, first of all, it'd be a pretty small building. All joking aside, yeah, then just put the Brewers/Braves immortals inside and keep the other guys in the walk of fame.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I agree on a few of the Braves guys, but I'd rather that the Brewers players deserve to get in. Higuera? Maybe. Scott? I think so. Problem is, I think early guys like Scott get looked over, maybe the writers don't really know anything about him. I'm not sure, I never saw him play.

Better to be a small list of names, then throwing in a few guys every year just to try to make it look bigger and better. Eventually it'd be like the bobblehead giveaways.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
maybe the people who vote for Sanchez and other undeserving people are just casting the ridiculous votes to "protest"

Yeah, that was my thought as well. There's no way that vote wasn't sarcastic in some way.

Maybe it was just a hanging chad...

It is a travesty Johnny Logan isn't in -- he is still the face of the Milwaukee Braves.
this was my first thought when i looked at the list also. add to it all the work he has done with the club after his playing days and he should be a no-brainer.

Mark Belling spent a small amount of air time this week chastising the voters for ignoring Burdette. Burdette absolutely should be recognized, as should Del Crandall, Boomer Scott, Jim Slaton & Johnny Logan.

In my opinion, Bando gets somewhat of a bad rap. It was really Harry Dalton who began the decline of the Brewers minor league system. True, Sal did not improve on what Dalton was doing but he was no worse. Selig was the common denominator. For example, in Harry's last 8 drafts from the top 10 rounds, he had 14 hitters and 8 pitchers make it to the majors. Only non cup of coffee ones were: Surhoff, Sheffield, Spiers, Listach and Matheny for the hitters and Henry, Navarro, Sparks and Eldred for the pitchers. Also, Garciaparra and Alex Fernandez were drafted but not signed.

Bando had 12 hitters and 12 pitchers make it from his 8 years of drafting. Mark Loretta, Ronny Belliard, Jenkins and Bill Hall were the significant hitters. Pitchers were: Karl, D'Amico, Wunsch, Woodard, Peterson, Neugebauer and Sheets. Harry probably gets the edge in hitters and Sal in pitchers. I feel that Harry Dalton dismantled much of the organization put in place by Frank Lane from which he, Dalton, profitted greatly. Bando, on the other hand, inherited a mess.

That said, does Sal Bando deserve recognition? Probably not. He should look to the A's for that.

Archived