Brewer Fanatic

Uniwatchblog, etc. (Latest: They love Milwaukee)

jaybird2001wi

For some reason, this website is addicting to me now. I discovered Paul Lukas and his Uniwatch fantacism on ESPNs Page 2 and then went to his blog to check out what the deal was. I am not a jersey enthusiast or anything, but some of the stuff him and his readers submit are interesting. Now I feel like I need to scour up some interesting and useless uniform facts to submit to his blog. Anyone else check it out?

(fixed link - I think it now takes you where intended - hawing)

• 2 months later...

In practice, yes. In theory, no. If that makes sense.

I needed to be ordained to be able to marry some friends in Madison this summer, so I got ordained online through a fly-by-night church (the "Universal Life Church"), but it does make me official with Dane County. Anyway, I mentioned it in a thread here, and then someone changed my screen name.

Not to hijack this thread further - or maybe this will carry it back toward reply #2 - but my posting here during the work day would be better justified if I pointed out that the Braves book linked to on Uniwatch was very recently released by a division of my employer (I had nothing to do with its publication).

End shameless plug.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ordered the Braves book from Amazon a few days ago.

Lukas has taken quite a few pot shots at the Brewers though. For example I think at least 2 or 3 times last year he said how "bush league" we were for putting the logo on the pitching mound and how a real team (like his Mets) would never do such a thing.

I consider Paul a friend and his blog is a daily read for me. The ESPN column is just a sliver of what he writes. There's a daily posting full of links every day at uniwatchblog.com.

I wouldn't consider anything he says about anyone to be pot shots. He's pretty clear on the fact that what he shares is his opinion, nothing more.

He wasn't against the Brewers logo on the mound, he was against the brewers.com on the mound which is a part of his greater crusade against what he calls "logo creep." As noted in the originally linked blog post, Milwaukee is one of his favorite places and he comes here about once a year.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, I just don't think it's fair to call him out and say he's taking shots at Milwaukee.

Paul has some fairly hard core thoughts on uniforms. He's emphatically pro-stirrup and hates the long pants that end up under a baseball players cleats and he calls them pajama pants. He HATES the color purple. He's pretty vocally anti-Nike, though his corporate hate doesn't stop there. His big beef is that he thinks there are places that should be corporate-logo free. He thinks the jersey is a privilege and is representative of the long history of the league and therefore shouldn't be used to further a corporate agenda, among other things.

That being said, you're not forced to agree with him. He's extremely open to discussion and you'll see in each entry that there are literally over a hundred comments per day.

I have learned a lot from being a part of that community and I liken it to being around here.

Just my two cents...

Archived