Brewer Fanatic

Mota signs with Dodgers (1 yr deal)

Invader3K

So, maybe I won't have to scowl to myself every time I catch a 58 bus to or from work anymore. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Thinking more positively, I'll strive to remember Guillermo for coming into the 12th (or 13th?) inning on August 24 last year, with the bases loaded and no out, and shutting down the side. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. I remember thinking during that inning, "if Mota can pitch out of this jam, maybe anything is possible."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thinking more positively, I'll strive to remember Guillermo for coming into the 12th (or 13th?) inning on August 24 last year, with the bases loaded and no out, and shutting down the side. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. I remember thinking during that inning, "if Mota can pitch out of this jam, maybe anything is possible."
I was at that game, and I immediately left my seat once I found out Mota was coming in and I heard a roar from the crowd as I got to my car and decided that was a mistake after I turned on the radio.

Mota started out the year well, but had a high WHIP with a low ERA and that caught up to him, but he did rebound nicely at the end of the year after a horrible slump where 90% of bf.net (including me) wanted to DFA him when somebody (who I can't remember) came off the DL and forced us to option Stetter.

It's amazing how many players go back to former teams in free agency. His best days were definitely in LA.

That was my favorite Mota moment, hawing. I still remember the electric atmosphere in the stadium after Mota got out of that inning, it was awesome. I do wish Mota the best, even if a majority of us did want him DFA'ed not even 6 months ago.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

No more singing Knight Ranger at Brewer games I guess. "

It's "Night Ranger" -- but the Dodgers come to MP -- you can bet you will hear "Mota's in..." from someone somewhere at MP as long as he is pitching in the NL.

Yeah my bad FTJ. For some reason I was thinking of Knight like Knight Rider. I'm sure I will sing it when the Dodgers come to town.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived