Brewer Fanatic

This might be the most incredible thing I have seen a human being do

RyDogg66

Is there any structure in those suits? Those guys have to have incredible strength in their shoulders and back to be able to keep their arms out like that against that kind of force. And how do you ever practice something like that? One mistake and you're roadkill. In any case, that's a pretty spectacular video.

At the very end you see the guys pull a parachute, so that's how they land....

These base jumpers are crazy to begin with, so I'm sure trying it with a flight suit is nothing to them. Actually, if you think about it, jumping with that suit has to be safer because you get more resistance and it allows you to get further away from the object you jump from, quicker...

That whole buzzing the road thing though and getting inches from the rocks... that's crazy...

Last week on (I believe) Modern Marvels (History Channel), they did a lengthy story on those suits. There's a number of different "styles", all having different effects, some that make "tricks" better, some for strictly speed (faster and slower), and so on. The biggest change among the suits was the cut of the "wings", some longer than the arms, some shorter, and the same deal on the one between the legs. Also fabric(s), and whether or not the "wings" were filled with air or not. Interesting...

But I still don't want to do it. 'Cause I'm a wuss. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Archived