Brewer Fanatic

Rays sign Gabe Kapler - 1 year/$1 mil

reillymcshane
Upton, Crawford, Burrell, Kapler, Joyce, Perez and they will have Zorbist who can play OF or IF. I'm just not seeing room for Gross there especially since he didn't play very well come playoff time last year.

I'd agree that we should have kept Gross last year but I don't think there is any way we trade him if Kapler wasn't off to such a hot start so he certainly was a part of the decision.

Burrell's a DH, and Zobrist hits like a middle infielder anyways and is better suited there. Now, I'll agree that something probably has to give between Upton, Crawford, Kapler, Gross, Perez, and Joyce, but it's nice to have options and the Rays could just as easily trade someone at the end of Spring Training. Certainly being an AL team means they don't have to worry about roster construction as much as an NL team which probably makes their decision process easier.

Robert

Tampa Bay doesn't really have room for Gross in that OF now.

I hear we have this pitching prospect named Josh Butler...

I was thinking the exact same thing. We still need a LH hitter and an OF would be the ideal place for a left LH hitter to play. I think Cameron is going to need a few more days off due to his advanced age.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived