Brewer Fanatic

No Opening Day group tickets being offered this year

burniebrewer

Just got an email from Leff's. Brewers are not offering any group packages for the opener vs. Cubs.

http://www.leffs.com/leffs/html/Tailgate2009.html

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Ah, I'd forgotten to post this last week. One of the S.O.'s relatives asked the ticket office about opening day last month and got the same response.

Well, the 9-packs (which include opening day; Russ is correct) go on sale Friday and are not expected to last long.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It will be interesting to see how many Cubs fans are at that game. I would hope Brewer fans won't sell out because it's Opening Day.
It's going to be hard for them to get any tickets not bought from a Brewer fan looking to cash in. I doubt there will be any general sales for Opening day, everything will surely be tied up in packages.

If you're financially motivated, you could likely pay for your 9-game package by selling the free Opening Day tickets that come with it.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I checked eBay yesterday out of curiosity and home-opener tickets are priced just ridiculously (although it is early). I think $80 a ticket for terrace reserved was the cheapest I saw. Just two years ago I went with a few buddies for around $40 a piece. And those were decent outfield seats.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Opening Day is so much fun...why would anyone sell their tickets unless they absolutely can't go? At least sell them to other Brewers fans...
I agree completely. I know I overpaid last year, but I got to go.

I also know there's the "go to the 2nd game of the year" people, but that's not too easy this year either as its a weekend game against the Cubs.

I think the Brewers may sell out of those 9 packs in quite a hurry on Friday AM--I know I'm thinking about buying a couple.

That's a good financial decision. These bars can buy a 10 game ticket package and get opening day, right?
I know a bar in our area did that last year. The owner limited seating on the bus and raised his rate a bit, but then also had several bus trips throughout the season. As I recall he also sold tickets outright for some games and ended up making his initial investment back and then some. It was a lot to put up front though.

i figured it was a matter of time before this happened. i have ordered group tickets for the opener since '02 and it got harder and harder every year to score tickets. at least they are letting people know well ahead of time this year. it gives my friends time to score their own tickets.

Does this mean single game tickets will be available? I can't imagine them selling THAT many packages.
Well, the groups who have access so far include full-season customers, presumably some half-season customers, 20-pack customers who either opted for the Opening Day Plus package or included Opening Day in their fan's choice package, and 9-pack customers.

Season ticket customers usually get first chance at tickets to additional games before single game tickets are available to the general public. That selection period is usually about mid-January through mid-February. That opportunity used to include opening day, although I just checked the mailing we received in January 2008 and opening day was not included last year. Last year, extra tickets for marquee games (Cubs and Twins) were also limited to four per game per customer.

Then, remember that last February they had a lottery for the remaining home opener tickets, and supply was mostly tapped after the lottery.

Hawing, I got the same mailing you're referring to, and I think Opening Day was a separate form from the other single game orders. I know I was available to buy 4 additional tickets.
Yeah, I'll bet it was and for some reason it's not among the things we saved from the 07-08 offseason. So if that practice is continued, season ticket holders (at least 20 game customers and up) will have an opportunity to buy up to four additional opening day tickets, sometime in the next month.

The other avenue for single game tickets to the 2008 home opener was showing up early for that Arctic Tailgate in February. Time will tell if they offer that again this year.

I know last year I had a blast at the Arctic Tailgate being the second tent in line was so much fun.

Really hope they do it again this year for as much money as everyone dropped at Fridays and at the fanzone during the week they would be crazy not to.

Since group tickets are no longer being offered to the bars that have previously organized the large tailgate parties (i.e. Leff's), does anyone know if there will still be similar parties held in the parking lot this year on Opening Day? I've done the Leff's party for the past 5 years, and it sure is nice to have the large tent, band, port-o-potty's, and all you can eat & drink format. It sounds like Leff's will just hold off until game 2 for their party. I'm not sure how the Brewers feel about groups organizing parties assuming that they cannot offer a game ticket in the package.

Hawing, I got the same mailing you're referring to, and I think Opening Day was a separate form from the other single game orders. I know I was available to buy 4 additional tickets.
i have heard that season ticket holders will only be offered 2 extras to opening day, but i cant confirm that. if that is the case, i will need 2 extras for opening day! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived