Brewer Fanatic

Manny Parra Predictions

recte44
I'll bet you a case of Schlitz that he doesn't do that bad barring serious injury.

Two reasons why I want to lose this bet. How about I give you a case of Schlitz and we drop the whole thing--my bad!

I'm a big fan of Manny Parra, and I think he has a very high ceiling. The man has great stuff, is a lefty, and from everything I've seen and heard is a smart pitcher and a big time competitor, so I'm going to predict a 3.40 era in 200 innings w/ 190 k's. This is going to be his breakout year.

His time for excuses should be over. You'll note I have him putting up respectable numbers. I think he'll be a decent major league starter going forward. I just don't think he's quite at the level some think he is. Time will tell.

Time for excuses?

He has a 4.31 ERA in his first 181 IP in the majors and a career 3.07 in the minors,. The majority of pitchers in baseball would kill for those stats at those inning levels going into their age 26 season.

Heck Lincecum had a 4.00 ERA after his first 146 IP, was the time for his excuses over at that point(btw Lincecum is only a little over 1 year younger than Parra)? Greg Maddux had an ERA over 5 after his first 180 IP.

You make it sound like he should be taken out back and shot because he didn't have a sub 4 ERA in his first year in the majors.

Archived