Brewer Fanatic

Time to make a deal Melvin...

What!? And change the batting order again!?

I just don't see any realistic trades out their for offensive upgrades. Some depth maybe, but I'd argue we don't really need it and it would be making a move just to make a move.

Same goes with starters. The only thing realistic at this point to me is grabbing a reliever like Benoit.

If you are expecting something big, I'd prepare to be a little let down.

I agree... I think we're an OF short at this point.

While it's history that Jenkins heats up in the 2nd half, it hasn't happened yet, and he's showing signs of slipping into one of his deep funks, considering his plate discipline going to complete crap all of a sudden. At 33, its getting less likely his body will hold up for his 2nd half surges anyway.

But wait, didn't we trade for Dunn last week? LOL

Seriously, I agree that it may not be only a LRP that we need. But if you do acquire a corner OF, how do you fit them in?

Jenkins and Mench off the bench with Hart, Hall and newcomer as the starters? Could be attractive if we could find the right player. But then we're back to the Dunn talk - who else has been kicked around? Jacque Jones? Griffey? Wilkerson? Sosa? (ok, maybe a little crazy there)

Quote:
anyone else counting the time until Hall comes back by the hour?

Right here with you

I never felt like making a trade for salty had been a good thing till Estrada's lack of effort. Granted Johnny wasn't the only one who failed us tonight.

Any one else noted how despite the pitcher going 10 innings, no one would work up counts in the 7th, 8th, 9th or even tenth. I managed to show a lot of self restraint and not smash my tv when it came to those innings and we were still swinging at everything. When it came to the tenth i believe Harang entered with 107 pitches, yet every player was taking big cuts. It seemed like everyone was trying to put them in the lead with one swing, and this isn't the first game i've seen this in. Skaalen needs to ride them about that, it's been going on all year and we're to the point and time that this is going to start costing us the wrong games and someone in the coaching staff has to step up and raise his voice.

Valentin probably could have gone to third instead of pumping once and done the triple play. But then we wouldn't have seen Jenks' Bush league beanball. Nevertheless, I would be ecstatic to see us make a blockbuster "Nomar to the Cubs"-type trade. Dare I say...Prince to the Red Sox for Lester/Buchholz/Youkilis???

Archived