Brewer Fanatic

Gagne with 2 saves in a night

aracko

Man, I wish there was a way we could add him. Take yesterdays game - replace Balfour with Gagne and it would be a totally different story.

Anyhow back to the topic........what kind of damage do you think that does to an arm going 2 times in a day/night DH? Did anyone see the game? Was his velocity down significantly in teh 2nd game?

Bobby Jenks did it for the White Sox today as well.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Coco's two save day came early this year when the Brewers finished up a rain delayed game from the night before. I believe we were 3-6 going into the series, and it was kind of a turning point leading to the 24-10 start.

As far as Gagne, there's really no way he's coming to Milwaukee, since he has publicly stated that he is only going to go to a team where he will be the closer. I'd love to have him, though.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Anyhow back to the topic........what kind of damage do you think that does to an arm going 2 times in a day/night DH?

I don't think that much really -- He only made 30 pitches -- There is probably less wear and tear on an arm going 2x in one day, rather than in a whole bunch of days in a row.

I agree Gagne would be awesome to see become a Brewer, and has been a very astute acquisition for the Rangers. I suspect that they may try to extend Gagne rather than trade him, but they will probably get rid of Gagne or Otsuka.

Archived