Brewer Fanatic

Sammy Sosa

What better player to help us keep the Cubs off are back than Sammy Sosa. He is not playing to bad this year and would give us a motivated (to stick it to the Cubs) power name batting behind Prince. I'am not a huge Sosa fan, but it would be great to see one of the biggest Cubs legend's in the past 20 years help the Brewers knock the Cubbies out of the race in the central. I'am sure we could get him for next to nothing. What do you think?

I think we already have this player on our roster - Kevin Mench. Take a look at their stats this year, and they're very similar (except for HR and RBI, due mainly to AB difference). But the OBP and SLG are very close and splits lefty vs righty are almost identical.

And on the defensive side, Menchkins probably does better than having to trot Sosa out there.

I will agree that it would be intriguing to see Sosa stick it to the Cubs, but hopefully Texas trades him somewhere else in the NL and he can still do so.

I am a big mench fan, but if acquiring sosa meant that we could have a power RH bat off the bench in either sosa or Mench id be all for it. It would be tough to get both regular ABs though.

Archived