Brewer Fanatic

Turnbow signs a minor league deal with the Rangers

I don't see him faring well in Arlington, but hopefully he can be a serviceable guy again. I was actually a little scared of him going to Pittsburgh, but I might just have an irrational fear of former Brewers haunting the team after they leave. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

i wish him the best too. I was one of the very few fans that wouldn't boo Turnbow through his struggles and still wore my turnbow jersey with pride. I was at the game where he got his last save as a brewer where he was being booed before he even through a pitch. I know major leagers should be able to wipe it away, but i think it definitely has an affect on him.

Turnbow is the perfect case for why you shouldn't trust a single season of RP data. (I'm looking at you Grant Balfour). Anyone can get hot for 50 innings and that is all it takes to make a RP look great for a single season.

I have nothing against the guy but he just isn't a good pitcher.

Actually Balfour was pitching well before his career was derailed by injuries, so it's not like this is the first time he's had success in his career. If he continues to locate, I see no reason why he wouldn't continue to have success. That was a good trade both ways, McClung bailed out the Brewers so many times last season and Balfour was great for TB all season.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived