Brewer Fanatic

Best Shows to See in Vegas?

bobbledude25

The original Mystere at TI is always a good moderately priced option if you have never seen a "Circ" show. O at Bellagio is very good. and Danny Gans puts on a great performance. Those would be the three I would recommend. Also I think Luxor has a "Circ" show that has a Beetles theme if you are in to them. Not positive it is Luxor....maybe Mandalay Bay. If by chance you or anyone else on the board comes to Vegas for Golfing at all.....PM me as I run reservation wholesale company in town and can set any Brewerfan.net member up with some sweet deals!

If by chance you or anyone else on the board comes to Vegas for Golfing at all.....PM me as I run reservation wholesale company in town and can set any Brewerfan.net member up with some sweet deals!

That's nice to know. A buddy and I golfed Wolf Creek and Boulder Creek a couple years ago and would love to golf again the next time we go. Golfing Wolf Creek is like visiting another planet when you're a lifelong Wisconsinite. We paid full price at Wolf Creek and supposedly half price at BC. (I think Wolf Creek was 170 and BC was maybe 50. Wolf Creek was still reasonable compared to the other highend courses that were almost all over 200. Just had to rent a car to get there. The rest of the trip was comped through his work so we were willing to spend a little to golf a once in a lifetime place like Wolf Creek. I'm normally a 20 bucks a round guy.

Sorry bobbledude, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I've seen a version of Circ in Chicago and it's very very cool. We saw Kevin James and Bon Jovi in Vegas but they're obviously not there all the time.

Beatles Love is at The Mirage and very good. Also Fantasy at the Luxor is pretty good and reasonable priced. Like $25-$40 at the half price ticket thing on the strip. I highly reccomend buying tickets from there. Its by the giant coke bottle on the strip...but i think they have a bunch of locations

Also Fantasy at the Luxor is pretty good and reasonable priced.
Just so you know, bobble, Fantasy is an, uh, "adult" show. No offense, Paul, but not a particularly great one in my opinion at least (although the dancers are all cute and it had a pretty good comedian, so it's not terrible). If you're looking for that kind of thing, the Jubilee! show at Bally's is real top-notch old-school Vegas and has higher production values, including some old-school Vegas showgirl costumes.

As far as other stuff goes, I definitely second LOVE at the Mirage...my favorite Cirque show by a long shot since I'm a big Beatles fan. Even if you're not, it's still great. I also like their O at the Bellagio and Mystere at TI. Le Reve right there in the Wynn is also great.

As far as "legit" theatre goes, I've got a couple friends working the Phantom show at The Venetian, so I'm partial to that (it's way trimmed down and has cooler effects than the Broadway version, so even Manly Men can put up with it for a while if it interests the lady in their life). I liked the Spamalot in town there, but it closed for Danny Gans, I believe.

Man, this thread and all the cheap flights there in January have me wanting to go now.

Just so you know, bobble, Fantasy is an, uh, "adult" show. No offense, Paul, but not a particularly great one in my opinion at least (although the dancers are all cute and it had a pretty good comedian, so it's not terrible). If you're looking for that kind of thing, the Jubilee! show at Bally's is real top-notch old-school Vegas and has higher production values, including some old-school Vegas showgirl costumes.

No by any means did I say Fantasy was great. It is a pretty good show for a reasonable price. I think we paid $20 a ticket for it at the half price ticket place. Can't do much it Vegas for $20. If your on a budget and looking for a decent show and to kill some time, can't go wrong with Fantasy. But Yes there are much better shows out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the help and tips guys. I actually booked my tickets for Mystere at Treasure Island. ( I really wanted to do the Beatles Love but my gf ddint want to see it) My gf and I are sitting in the very first row seats 1 and 2!!! I can't wait

While the first row will be good for seeing the costumes, etc... be prepared to have a sore neck from looking up for most of the show as a lot of the action will be way above you down in the front row.

I actually just got back from Vegas (was there for CES) yesterday and saw Mystere from the cheap seats. Personally I was pretty bored with the entire show - I was expecting much more for as great as everyone says it is and the prices they charge, but to each his own I guess.

I will go along and say Mystere was fantastic, I saw it from the 2nd row, side stage. I think its a fair trade off to see a lot off good detail close (the Atlas men) vs. having to look upward a lot.

There is no way I am not seeing Love next trip.

Check www.pollstar.com to see who is out there when you go. I have seen Social Distortion (House of Blues, so awesome), Dane Cook (Mandalay Bay), and Sarah Silverman (The Hard Rock) out there. They happened to be there when I was.

While the first row will be good for seeing the costumes, etc... be prepared to have a sore neck from looking up for most of the show as a lot of the action will be way above you down in the front row.

I actually just got back from Vegas (was there for CES) yesterday and saw Mystere from the cheap seats. Personally I was pretty bored with the entire show - I was expecting much more for as great as everyone says it is and the prices they charge, but to each his own I guess.

We actually got our seats moved back to row G in the same section. I had heard many reviews confirming what you said about the sore neck so hopefully this will be better

Whatever you do, avoid the Crazyhorse Paris in MGM. Was in Vegas with two buddies, 2 of us had ladies along for the ride. The two other guys loved it (one likes anything with a boob, the other was crazy). I was bored out of my mind, and it didn't impress the ladies. It was a topless show that was really "out there." It's the last time I let that friend pick a show.

Archived