Brewer Fanatic

Brian Giles to be Suspended?

Apparently the incident happened in 2006, but thanks to a blotched legal settlement, the incident of Brian Giles pulling the hair of his wife and slapping her in a public bar has re-emerged. The incident, caught on video tape makes me awful glad we didn't acquire this scumbag last season. http://www.sportingnews.c...rn/viewtopic.php?t=501214

Is Bug Selig ever going to take a stand against players who commit violence against women? I don't remember the Myers incident, but something really needs to be done. The NFL has taken the lead on establishing "zero tolerance" behavior and MLB/NBA need to follow suit.

Good Riddance Giles. IF you are somehow not suspended, i look forwarded to booing you heavily next season.

Shouldn't it be more the responsibility of his team to take any action against him, and not the commissioner? It seems like an automatic knee jerk response from baseball fans to immediately point to Bud Selig when anything bad happens, when there are probably about a dozen other parties beneath him who should be looking at it first. I do think baseball should probably implement a policy about things like this, but you can't cherry pick which guys to punish just to "set an example".
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Has Giles been associated with steroid use? Not an excuse but it could be a possible contributor. I don't care how much time has gone by. A guy that would beat up his girlfriend (especially in public) is way far gone and needs serious intervention to turn him around.

Archived