Brewer Fanatic

Titanic exhibit at the Milw Public Museum

BillyRed

I went and enjoyed it very much. After the exhibit we saw the Ghosts of the abyss imax. That was good as well. The combo of the two took just under 5 hrs.

Two bummers

first: I had heard they built a grand staircase replica and Milwaukee wasn't big enough so a wall sized picture was in place. Also some artifacts seemed like they were parts of the whole artifact. For example they had a perfume salesman's perfumes and case. Sign said they found like 80 vials and a leather case; Milwaukee had like 6 vials and a piece of the case.

second: As soon as you walk in they hit you up for an extra $5 for the audio tour. This is literally ten steps after you show your $25 ticket. We paid for two. It consisted of the signs next to the exhibits read in terrible fake accents. There are tiny numbers next to some of the exhibits, and you punch them into your listening thingy. The numbers on the exhibits aren't in order and are tiny and its dark in there. So you constantly wonder if you missed a number, and if you just punch in order you get all mixed up content. Very poor exacution.

Two awesomenesses

First: Waiter's jacket that still had owners name written next to the tag on the collar. That piece really hit home with me. Made the whole thing human. It gave me chills. It wasn't the only time, but it stuck with me more than any thing else

Second: the imax was very enjoyable. Lots of neat stuff in it. I don't think it was shot on imax, so the format is a little off. The content carries it anyway. I think the exhibit and movie complemented each other well.

Number 1 tip I read online.

GO AFTER LUNCH.

The field trips are all heading home by 1 pm. I "booked" entry at 1:30 and walked past a bazillion running and screaming children as they were exiting. I imagine the mood of the exhibit is quite different with all these little boogers running about.

I wouldn't go a second time but am happy I went once. It was very good.

Archived