Brewer Fanatic

Looking for a Place to find Badger Basketball tickets

gbbaseball

Scalpers, craigslist, and some of the seats are reserved for the visiting team, the ones that they don't use get released a couple days before the game. The last one works especially well for the football season. If you call the visiting teams ticket office the day the schedule comes out, sometimes you get better tickets than through the UW ticket office.

Ticket Marketplace

This place is through the UW. You pay $50 dollars for a membership, then buy tickets at face value from season ticket holders who can't go to the game. If you have season tickets for another Wisconsin sport, this $50 fee could be potentially waived. My uncle did this in order to get tickets to the Texas game, so it definitely works.

I've had good luck with ExchangeHut.com - pretty painless process, especially for the buyer (I've both bought and sold this way). It has about the same accessibility as Craigslist with a bit more transaction security. You do still need to meet the person to exchange.

It is most often student tickets, though I cannot recall if you need to have a student ID to use it.

I went to thw Texas game and got two tickets under face from a scalper. I know you run the risk of playing a lot though.

How long after tip-off did you have to wait to do this?

As for the initial question, there are always a lot of scalpers outside the Kohl Center. If the Badgers pull it together and are in the hunt for a Big Ten title, tickets won't be cheap. If they struggle through their Big Ten schedule, tickets will obviously be much cheaper.

In any case, one thing to consider is looking on ebay, or waiting till you meet scalpers on game day, to buy single student tickets in the 3rd level. They would be cheap, and you would likely be able to sit together anyways (since a fair share of student tickets up high are no-shows or sit somewhere else). And, the student section doesn't stand for every game up there. If you were looking for 4 tickets as opposed to 2, this wouldn't work as well though. (If you're looking for 4, you may have to split up anyways into 2 and 2 if you buy from a scalper)...

If you go to the Nitty Gritty right down from the Kohl Center before the game there are always people trying to sell tickets there. Just tell the folks at the bar your looking for tickets and when someone comes in looking to sell they will send them your direction. I have always gotten tickets and you don't have to stand in the cold looking for the right scalper.

The other place to try is badgernation.com they have a ticket exchange forum where you can usually find tickets for any game. Since it's a fan forum they usually are sold for face value but again big games may require a little more cash.

Hope this helps.

I went to thw Texas game and got two tickets under face from a scalper. I know you run the risk of playing a lot though.

How long after tip-off did you have to wait to do this?

I was in my seat in time for the tip. Ten minute's prior to gametime is when we got our tickets.

Archived