Brewer Fanatic

500th Post

brwrsfan

I posted in the Yankees/Texiera thread and noticed that I was on post #499. This got me to thinking about my next post, #500. I realize that many, many people on here are way, way over this number, but I wanted to post on it anyway.

I've been a member of brewerfan.net for a long, long time...almost 7 years now (joined on 02/05/02). I stumbled across it while bored out of my mind working in the computer lab during college and have been hooked ever since. In fact, I even bought a brewerfan.com tshirt (yes, I said .com) because I liked the site so much. I hardly ever post (as evidence that it took 7 years for me to reach 500 posts) but I've spent literally weeks of my life reading threads on here, everything from video games, to snowy weather, oh, and of course, Brewers baseball and everything that goes with it.

I started thinking about the last 7 years worth of reading/posting and realized just how important BF is to me...I posted on here for advice about asking the gf's parents permission for marriage (she said yes by the way), for help with autographing seeking, college classes, tickets and just about everything else I can think of. I've only met a handful of you in person but I've known that whatever question I have (even the stupid ones) would always be answered on BF... couple that along with the great baseball knowledge and resources available here and it's easy to see how BF has become a staple of my life. Rarely do more than a few hours go by that I come here to see what's going on - in all of the forum threads (wow, that sounds sad, lol). When I finally popped the question and got the "yes" answer, I told her that I had posted on here for advice, and she said "Doesn't surprise me, for awhile I thought you liked that site more than me"...or something along those lines.

I have no idea what the purpose of this thread is, and it's kinda gotten long and lame, but I wanted to just take a moment on my 500th post to thank everyone that makes this site possible - all of your hardwork and dedication really has made a significant, positive impact on my life. And thanks to everyone who has talked baseball with me, given me advice or traded me an autograph or bobblehead, the BF experience wouldn't be the same without all of the hundreds (or is it thousands now?) of great people who post here. And while I hope that the next 500 posts don't take 7 years, I have no doubt that those 500 will be as enjoyable and fun as the first 500!

Archived