Brewer Fanatic

The Tommy Westphall Universe

Brian the Automator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall

I was too young to remember St. Elsewhere, but I stumbled across this wikipedia article. The idea with the finale of St. Elsewhere is that the entire hospital was in the mind of an autistic boy, Tommy Westphall. Given the way TV shows crossover, logic dictates that all of these shows exist within the mind of Tommy Westphall.

That means Good Times and The Flying Nun are connected.

I thought *I* was a dork. I've got nothing on these guys.

Yeah, I remember reading about this a couple years ago when I got into watching Homicide re-runs. It's pretty funny, I mean, the Simpsons is connected to The Wire because John Munch was on an episode of the The Wire and also an episode of the X-Files and Scully and Mulder guest-starred on the Simpsons and that's connected back to St. Elsewhere because that was set in Baltimore and some of the same characters were on Homicide:LotS, which is where Munch made his debut.

Actually, Richard Belzer (who plays Munch) is doing a lot to keep this alive. He's played Munch on 10 different shows, including Sesame Street.

Archived