Brewer Fanatic

Non-Alcoholic Hangouts

jaybird2001wi

As the winter months pass, I have wondered if there are any decent places to watch a Brewer game next season that does not serve alcohol. I have an "issue" but am wondering if any places/dry clubs in Milwaukee county (Moreso Southern MIL county) has TVs set to sporting events.

The problem is most restaurants make their money on the alcohol sales so a place that just sells food and soda just isn't very profitable. Selling a soda is very profitable (over 90% gross margins) but rarely does anyone go out and drink 6 sodas with a meal or watching a game plus people expect free refills on soda so even if you drink 2 or 3 during the game most people will complain about paying $2 for each one. A guy with your issue might not complain but there are just too many people who would and not enough of a market for the dry atmosphere. As someone mentioned even Chuckie Cheese sells beer.

The best places....

Kohl's family sections at Miller Park!

I'm going to have to second that. Occasionally there's a disgruntled fan who didn't see the Family Section printed on his/her ticket and is a jerk when asked to step outside the section to finish a beverage. Otherwise, not only are the ushers usually watching for snuck-in alcohol (at least in TB 417 and 217; I can't speak for TR 417 or the bleacher section), a lot of the fans who regularly sit in that section do too.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I wonder if a place like Circuit City shows FSN games on their TV displays. i'm thinking just plunk on the couch and start a-watchin.

i don't know your situation, but would it be possible to visit a bar-type place but bring a friend and give him the explicit instructions not to allow you to drink?

it's not because of an issue, but i'm having the same problem where i live--i'm just really sick of the bar scene and drinking all the time, but the alternatives are pretty well zero.

come to think of it, there are some coffee shops in my city that have TVs, so i'd bet there would be some in your area as well.

Archived