Brewer Fanatic

Otsuka goes on the DL

Think they would trade him now for a lower prospect? (Zach Jackson)

I mean, we really only wanted him for september and next year right?

I would imagine they don't want to sell low, but if this reduces his price at all - I would still be interested.

You cant trade players on the DL, he will be out past the trade deadline.

He is actually eligible to come of the DL next Tuesday the 24, so he can pretty much be activated whenever the Rangers would like prior to the deadline at that point.

Quote:
You cant trade players on the DL, he will be out past the trade deadline.

I thought that this turned out to be an urban legend. Or is the debunking of the urban legend the urban legend? Oh what tangled webs...

Quote:
as per espn very intresting guess Doug knew something was wrong

Otsuka left a game with an injury right before the Gwynn for Otsuka rumors happened so If that trade was for real, the injury was most certainly why it didn't happen.

i never thought a major-leaguer could be a PTBNL. i'd always thought that if PTBNL was part of a trade, it couldn't be just anybody, but that it had to represent one lower-level prospect.

But in the same Rotoworld rumor, they indicate that the White Sox (I believe) are still interested. So it may be unclear if he really needs it or not. It's still enough to scare me away, which is why the persistent trade rumors are a little odd.

I agree he would have been a great acquisition (better than Linebrink IMO).

Archived