Brewer Fanatic

Analyzing Doug Melvin's career transactions with Brewers

adambr2

BPro came out with the Padres top 11 prospects today. Inman came in as a just missed behind 2 star prospect Drew Cumberland who they said had the perfect world projection as a high AVG SS with limited OBP skills and limited power. I still think people are really overrating this guy.

http://www.baseballprospe...rticle.php?articleid=8419

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BPro came out with the Padres top 11 prospects today. Inman came in as a just missed behind 2 star prospect Drew Cumberland who they said had the perfect world projection as a high AVG SS with limited OBP skills and limited power. I still think people are really overrating this guy.
Yea, IIRC, alot of fears here was would he be able to make the jump from a great A ball prospect to AA and then to AAA(obviously). It looks like he has turned out to be nothing really special and hasn't been able to make that jump. All in all, i'm glad we traded him when we did.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Saying that because Inman isn't in the Padres top 10 makes it a good trade is like trading your AIG stock in 2005 for a stick of gum was a good move because today the stock is worthless.

I think that's blatantly over-simplified. Trading Inman when they did might have reflected that their own scouts had unfavorable projections on him and wanted to move him before a decline. We have no idea if there were warning signs to the organization. If you're determined to use your AIG analogy, it might be more akin to trading your AIG stock back in August because your analysis predicted issues ahead.

I guarantee you there will be heat at some point.

Heat about what? Sabathia performed as brilliantly as anyone could possibly have predicted. You think that fans a year or so from now are going to care at all about LaPorta or Brantley in Cleveland, or that ordinary fans will even remember that we traded them? And you can't really say that 'CC bailed him out' and say that who we gave to get CC will cause him heat at the same time... either CC was a brilliant acquisition that saved the season (as you claim in your first sentence), or he'll take heat for acquiring him. Which one is it?

If Brantley and LaPorta both end up being good players for Cleveland, I guarantee you there will be heat at some point.

I'll take the playoff appearance over LaPorta and Brantley. I also don't understand this either. What if the draft picks we got for Sabathia turn out to be just as good as LaPorta and Brantley? Will he still get heat?

I'll take the playoff appearance over LaPorta and Brantley. I also don't understand this either. What if the draft picks we got for Sabathia turn out to be just as good as LaPorta and Brantley? Will he still get heat?
Not to mention what if the team doesn't go into a collective slump in September, Sabathia doesn't have to wear himself down pitching on 3 days rest. We win a very winnable game 1 against the Phillies and we are quite possibly going deeper into the playoffs than we did.

Archived