Brewer Fanatic

Braun to play in WBC

southpaw121505

"But speaking in October, during the Brewers' brief playoff run, Gallardo said he was interested in suiting up for Team Mexico.

'I bet there are a bunch of guys out there who want this opportunity,' Gallardo said. "So if the opportunity is there for me, I definitely would take it. I'm pretty sure the guys who did it last time had a great experience.'"

I think this was mentioned in another thread, but I wanted to point it out for those that didn't see it. I know it's a neat opportunity, but I can't believe a kid that just annihilated his knee last season would want to pitch in the WBC.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I would hope that Doug sits Yo down and tells him under no circumstance can he play in the WBC. We've got so much riding on that right arm of his this year, can't take the risk.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

but I can't believe a kid that just annihilated his knee last season would want to pitch in the WBC.
I was just wondering about Yo the other day.

Why didn't he pitch in the Arizona Fall League at all this year? I mean, I know he is MLB ready - but if he knee is sounds, wouldn't it have been advantageous to get him a few extra innings so that we aren't taxing his arm so much in 2009?

I would hope that Doug sits Yo down and tells him under no circumstance can he play in the WBC. We've got so much riding on that right arm of his this year, can't take the risk.

I don't know. A bunch of guys always pitch in the winter leagues. I don't think Yo throwing 20 innings or so in a tournament (in lieu of 20 innings or so in spring training) is a big deal. I hope he does it, in fact.

A pitcher pitching in the WBS is much harder on the arm than pitching in the winter leagues or in Spring training. The arm is ready when the winter leagues start and most pitchers don't throw all their pitches until later in spring training. Using all your pitches in the WBC is a good way to get hurt when your arm isn't ready to start throwing all pitches with max effort.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived