Brewer Fanatic

Buying a laptop...Suggestions?

GoudaBrew

jason21nl...is there such a thing as a good ASUS?

I guess one reason you get Dell and HP more for servicing is due to their market-share. First off, lots more people have them. Secondly, computer illiterate folks have them.

Nearly every problem I've had has been with IBM's. I loved Micron for my high school and college computer. I ordered a Dell when Vista came out and have loved it. My only issue has been with an IBM laptop...lots of problems with them, though.

...so when I'm on the couch (like now) it isn't a heavy and hot brick.

While you're not going to take it with you, a "breakfast in bed" tray (Target, $15) is an excellent place for a notebook computer. You can use it in the recliner, on the couch, on the floor, etc.--not to mention, in bed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not sure how it works, but you can buy 32 GB of RAM with a new Mac Pro. Would that be because those computers have two 4-core processors?

The newer Macs are 64-bit, so that's why they can run up to 32 GB. As I understand it, OSX was built to run whatever the hardware will support, so there's not a separate 64 bit version like there is for Windows.

Archived