Brewer Fanatic

Haudricourt suggests LH OF signing is near

Are Hollandsworth and Ledee still in baseball? Or is that part of the joke? The logical replacements being two guys who are LH and who have been out of baseball?

A check reveals Todd Hollandsworth has not played since 2006 and Ledee since 2007.

Are Hollandsworth and Ledee still in baseball? Or is that part of the joke? The logical replacements being two guys who are LH and who have been out of baseball?

And were Rangers circa 2001 -- like Kapler.

What do you have against Rusty Greer?

Eric Hinske is the kind of 'meh' signing that Doug would seem to make at this stage in the game. Not opposed to it, but it's nothing exciting. I don't think anyone who he'd sign right now would be anymore than a back-up, so i'm not expecting big things. That said, Dunn would be sweet.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Who do you guys think it is? I hope its not Kotsay.

I would bet the farm it's Kotsay. Melvin is thinking small in all his moves. Kotsay is the epitome of thinking small. Not that he doesn't improve the bench. Heck the lone true backup OF they have right now is Gwynn. Kotsay is at least capable of giving both Cameron and Hart days off vs. righthanders. But as I suggest in the Hart thread, they should be thinking impact lefty bat, and trading Hart for pitching.

If you're not going to sign any of the big 3 (Dunn, Abreu, Bradley), and you're certain you want to keep both Cameron and Hart, then Kotsay makes the most sense as he's the lefthanded version of Kapler. He'd likely get at least 80 starts split between RF and CF, letting Hart sit against tough RH, and allowing Cameron at age 36 to get a couple days off a week.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please be Adam Dunn!

Kotsay = the definition of average. OPS+ for career is . . . 99.

What's interesting is that his numbers v. RH and LH pitching are not wildly different for his career. (Worse against LHP, but he's not a total stiff.)

vs. RHP: .282/.340/.418

vs. LHP: .270/.327/.405

I guess he'd be ok, but I don't totally understand the concept here. Do you think he'd sign to be a 4th OF?

If not, is the idea: Braun in LF, Corey in RF or CF, Kotsay in CF or RF, with Melky being the 4th OF?

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please be Adam Dunn!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

right? (please!)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived