Brewer Fanatic

The Bacon Thread

ttsather
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I had bacon. I work at a group home and talked to my Mom about how during meal prep at breakfast, I put the bacon in the oven and my Mom had never heard of making bacon in the oven.

I demonstrated bacon in an oven is just as good as frying it on the stove. Even a tall, skinny guy like me can eat a ton of bacon. As a matter of fact, I might throw some more bacon in tonight.

None of the major "chain restaurants" like Dennys and Perkins makes good bacon though. Turns out all the local places make better bacon. Someone told me they like bacon bits in vanilla ice cream.

jaybird2001wi wrote:

None of the major "chain restaurants" like Dennys and Perkins makes good bacon though. Turns out all the local places make better bacon.

I'd argue that's true for everything on either menu. Chains are for wimps.

I'm definately gonna have to try oven baking bacon though. I'd imagine its not as greasy, and dare I say, better for you? What temperature do you put it on, and for how long?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Our party tried that this summer. We regret it copiously.

Despite the precautions, it still turned out to be greasy, grotesquely salty vodka. Not even usable in Bloody Marys.

Leave it to our Comrades in Russia to spoil good old All-American Bacon http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

This got me thinking. Skip the celery stick and just put an extra crispy strip of bacon (or 2) in your bloody mary. If it breaks, so be it! I'll have to try this sometime.

Also, I'm dying (pun?) to try chocolate covered bacon. I imagine it as the same sweet and salty goodness like french fries dipped in ice cream!

I bought a bacon scented air freshener the other day. It's in my car.
I can't stop laughing because of this. I just think about some dude walking around smelling like bacon all the time or someone coming into a business meeting smelling like bacon. Pure awesomeness.

Archived