Brewer Fanatic

The Bacon Thread

ttsather
i just had to buy some turkey bacon when i was at the grocery store today, just because of this thread. i couldn't bring myself to buy real bacon (just because of this thread). bacon is one of those foods that's so tasty, yet off the charts for being bad for you that it's easy enough to stay away from most of the time, like candy bars.

I have some turkey bacon in my fridge right now. I've found that if you don't cook the crap out of it, it gets leathery/tough. It actually cooks up the best in my toaster oven.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just had to buy some turkey bacon when i was at the grocery store today, just because of this thread. i couldn't bring myself to buy real bacon (just because of this thread). bacon is one of those foods that's so tasty, yet off the charts for being bad for you that it's easy enough to stay away from most of the time, like candy bars.
BAM!:

http://laist.com/attachments/la_heath/bacon%20bar.jpg

As much as I love bacon, no one could pay me enough to try chocolate-covered bacon...

come on. don't be afraid to admit it. you know you'd try it and you know you'd love it.

it's not really drunk thread material, but it's late and i've come back from the bars. i'm cooking up some turkey bacon right now, some thick-cut turkey and cheese. it's gonna be awesome.

oh yeah, Stonefly (who makes incredible burgers) on Pierce and Center has beer battered bacon. It's fattening, unhealthy, and delicious. They also have great beers they brew themselves. Great pub type food and atmosphere. Highly recommended.

It was disappointing to learn that the candy bar above is just a chocolate bar with bacon pieces mixed in.

I want me some bacon with chocolate on it - not the other way around.

i'm thinking you could easily make that at home and try it out, although i'd bet it'd be all crumbly and look more like Raisinettes. Baconettes.

i'm thinking you could easily make that at home and try it out, although i'd bet it'd be all crumbly and look more like Raisinettes. Baconettes.

Yes, I'm planning to try it before too long. I'd keep the bacon in strips, melt some dark chocolate and dip/coat.

They made chocolate covered bacon on Food Network's Dinner Impossible awhile back. The Coney Island episode.

I made a bacon showcase dinner this year featuring a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, sweet potato bacon biscuits, and bacon-wrapped pesto stuffed chicken breast.

Since then, I've found a recipe for bacon cookies.

I love bacon.

I love this thread.

I'd like to roll around in this thread while eating bacon, and speaking with Kevin Bacon.

Mmmm bacon.

while reading Francis Bacon?

i'm not a total convert yet, but this thread now has me addicted to turkey bacon. curses!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
A friend of mine once ate 61 pieces of bacon in one sitting on a dare. The whole staff at IHOP was cheering him on. He did not feel well that night.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Broken arm? try bacon

Afraid to fly? try bacon

Trying to get a new job? try bacon

Not sure of what to get that special someone? try bacon

Enjoy reading this thread? you can thank bacon my friend.

It's all about bacon.

Sir Francis Bacon

Kevin Bacon

Nathaniel Bacon

Dick Bacon

I love Oscar Mayer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Bacon.jpg/140px-Bacon.jpg

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Bacon Vodka

makes up one pint

Fry up three strips of bacon.

Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps. Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.

Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks. That's right- I didn't refrigerate it.

At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.

Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.

Our party tried that this summer. We regret it copiously.

Despite the precautions, it still turned out to be greasy, grotesquely salty vodka. Not even usable in Bloody Marys.

Leave it to our Comrades in Russia to spoil good old All-American Bacon http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Our party tried that this summer. We regret it copiously.

Despite the precautions, it still turned out to be greasy, grotesquely salty vodka. Not even usable in Bloody Marys.

Leave it to our Comrades in Russia to spoil good old All-American Bacon http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Solution:

Vodka Martinis + Strips of Bacon

Who needs infusion?

Archived