Brewer Fanatic

The Bacon Thread

ttsather

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen's Meat Market in Watertown has outstanding bacon. They'll slice it as thick or as thin as you want it. I buy a lot of it in the summer for BLT's.

Also, I married a Sheboyganite. Her mom's cousin was telling me about his love of bacon in his heavy Sheboygan style accent, so it sounded like "Oh, I luff baaaay-cun."I love the way people talk in Sheboygan. Or I love to make fun of it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I give you the cheese filled bacon weave.

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/bacon4.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

One of my favorite appetizers is the bacon wrapped smokie. Take a package of bacon and slice it into thirds. Wrap each 1/3 slice of bacon around a little smokie and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon wrapped smokies on a foil covered jelly roll pan and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar and allow the pan of artery clogging gel to cure in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at a low oven temperature of about 250 degrees for an hour, turning each smokie once during the baking time. They are good by themselves, but if you want to take a few more days off of your lifetime, make a dipping sauce of an equal ratio of grape jelly and barbeque sauce. This recipie came with a coupon for a free angioplasty.

I make a really good dish where I take a pork loin and wrap it in bacon, fry it so the bacon sticks together, and cook it in the oven. It is amazing. Also, when I go to Iowa in the summer, I go to a store that sells turkey breasts wrapped in bacon and they are grillable. Fantastic! Bacon makes everything better.

Also, when I go to Iowa in the summer, I go to a store that sells turkey breasts wrapped in bacon and they are grillable. Fantastic! Bacon makes everything better.

That sounds like the "Turkey Mignon" that Aldi's sells during the summer months. They are my favorite item to grill and they're easy. Just wait for the plastic thing to pop out. Very good.

But otherwise, I'm not a big fan of bacon.

Nueske's out of Wittenberg. I grew up with the stuff up north, and now it started showing up down here a few years ago. Thick sliced heaven.

Second that. Nueske's is glorious. I live in the Wittenberg area and we have friends who work there, all the bags where the vacuum thing didnt work right and the beg looks messed up she gets some and she gives some to us. O my it is great.

i just had to buy some turkey bacon when i was at the grocery store today, just because of this thread. i couldn't bring myself to buy real bacon (just because of this thread). bacon is one of those foods that's so tasty, yet off the charts for being bad for you that it's easy enough to stay away from most of the time, like candy bars.

Archived