Brewer Fanatic

Worst parents of all time?

Hammer

I saw this article on thenorthwestern.com. Can these possibly be the worst parents of all time? I could not imagine what these children are going to go through with names like Adolph Hitler and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation...

Plus the dad had the cajones to say that he isn't a racist!!! Give me a break. You really have to feel bad for the kids, their should really be an exception in these types of cases to allow the kids to change their names before they are 18. I believe that is the rule right?

Far from the worst. They aren't beating their kids or anything. Names can be changed, and hopefully the kids find a positive influence somewhere and make that decision some day.
But there is a pretty god chance that the parents are filling their heads with tons of hate-filled ideology which will probably either lead to the same behavior in the kids or very expensive counselling bills.

I don't think they are hate filled white supremacists. I think they gave them the names to show people that we need to move on from bad things that happened in the past. Whether that is the truth or not it's an interesting idea. Not something I would do or advocate but interesting none the less. I could see people like them in the future naming their children Osama or Suddam. What about children who are named John or Peter. John Lennin killed 1000's of people and, I think it was, Peter the Great also slaughtered 1000's of his own people. No one is making a big deal about that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

John Lennon sang for the Beatles.

Vladimir Lenin killed millions of people (oops, wait - that was Stalin. Lenin was just a communist)

(Vladmir Ilyich Ulyanov, Donnie!!!!!)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think the couple is uninformed. That they may not have all the information on how bad of a person Hitler was. Not something to forget about. Ever.

Could you imagine being this kid and learning about WWII when he's in school? The amount of embarrassment and ridicule he will receive is gonna cause the kid problems. Then he'll blame his parents and have trouble with them.

The excuse that "nobody else will have his name" is laughable. There are a lot of names that nobody has. He could have name his kid "AMC Pacer", after the first car he owned, or something like that.

I don't think they are hate filled white supremacists. I think they gave them the names to show people that we need to move on from bad things that happened in the past. Whether that is the truth or not it's an interesting idea. Not something I would do or advocate but interesting none the less. I could see people like them in the future naming their children Osama or Suddam. What about children who are named John or Peter. John Lennin killed 1000's of people and, I think it was, Peter the Great also slaughtered 1000's of his own people. No one is making a big deal about that.

Couple points here:

1. Peter the Great has been dead for 250+ years.

2. People use the name "Peter", but I don't see many people named "Peter the Great Smith", or the equivalent.

3. The parents, in this case, didn't name their child "Adolf Smith", they went with "Adolf Hitler Smith", and also insisted on putting the child's entire name on the cake. My cake always said "Happy Birthday First", not "Happy Birthday First Middle Last". This was done to draw attention to their cause. Also, I don't believe "Aryan Nation" is a name for a single human being.

Couple points here:

1. Peter the Great has been dead for 250+ years.

2. People use the name "Peter", but I don't see many people named "Peter the Great Smith", or the equivalent.

3. The parents, in this case, didn't name their child "Adolf Smith", they went with "Adolf Hitler Smith", and also insisted on putting the child's entire name on the cake. My cake always said "Happy Birthday First", not "Happy Birthday First Middle Last". This was done to draw attention to their cause. Also, I don't believe "Aryan Nation" is a name for a single human being.

I was just trying to provide a counter-point and I agree with your 3rd statement. They didn't just name him Adolf. It was Adolf Hiter Campbell. If it was just that one child it would be one thing but because of the other two it's clear that these parents are clearly off their rocker or just looking for attention.

As for my historical accurateness about John Lennin, I knew it was Lennin or Stalin. I just didn't have time to look it up.

I don't think they are the worst, as some parents actually kill their kids, or sell them for money to have lyposuction (sp?). But this is ridiculous. You cant help but feel sorry for the little kids here and its one of those instances where you wish you could just go there and fix it yourself. If you want to make some sort of political statement, fine. But dont do it through your kids. They will suffer endless torment for the next decade or two because these parents want to make a statement. Its immature is what it is....immature and selfish.

In case anyone is interested, here is what they look like:

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/17915f9c76f09e15654b33ffd0f0a84967d5694.pjpg

Not sure why, but I was expecting the Dad to have a shaved head and possibly a swastika tatoo on his forehead.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It's hard to tell which one's the mother and which one's the father. And I hope that's little JoyceLynn Aryan Nation rather than little Adolph Hitler.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's hard to tell which one's the mother and which one's the father. And I hope that's little JoyceLynn Aryan Nation rather than little Adolph Hitler.

Actually, it's Adolph. Here's the caption to the picture:

Heath Campbell, left, with his wife Deborah and son Adolph Hitler, 3, in Easton, Pa., Tuesday. The Campbells tried to buy a birthday cake for their son at a ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich, N.J., and were told that the store would not inscribe Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on the cake. The Campbells also have two daughters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The excuse that "nobody else will have his name" is laughable. There are a lot of names that nobody has. He could have name his kid "AMC Pacer", after the first car he owned, or something like that.
Yeah, this made me shake my head, too.

The name choice was purely an attention-getting mechanism for the father. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but he's gonna make his poor kid suffer for his own stupidity.

My cousin (who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer), went to Russia for a church trip several years ago. I asked her if she was planning on visiting Lenin's Tomb during her trip. She gave me an incredibly puzzled look, and asked, "Why is John Lennon buried in Russia?"

Back on topic - these people are either complete racists, or attention starved. Maybe both. You don't name your kid Adolph Hitler and expect that he's going to be treated normally and wonder "What's the big deal?" Not to mention the "no one else will have that name" argument is pretty weak when you're requesting that the cake also be decorated with swastikas. By the way, how ironic is it that the guy finally gets his Hitler cake at Wal-Mart but I can't buy a CD that's hasn't been edited for language?

Gruber Lawffices

I apologize for my complete butchering of the John Lennin/Vladimir Lennin situation. I was at work and didn't have time to fact check. I for the life of me was sure that he was named John like the Beatle but spelled differently. If it is possible to be embarrased by something you do on the internet I am, considering I'm a huge history buff and pretty much used all of my electives in college on history courses.

Archived