Brewer Fanatic

State your custom jersey case

ttsather

So, my g/f will be getting a customized women's cut Brewers jersey for Christmas featuring the player name/number of her choice.

She has not yet made a decision about a player for the very good reason of having no cause to make such a choice as (hopefully) she doesn't know it's coming. If she reads this here and finds out, I will be too overcome with joy at the fact that she has visited BF.net on her own volition to mind the lack of surprise.

Here is your chance to offer your wisdom as to who she should choose to sport on her back next season.

While she will likely not care what any of you think and simply make her own choice based on some form of favoritism, if you state a good case I will share it with her.

Have at.

I know this is the obvious choice, but I think it has to be Braun for a variety of reasons.

1. Exciting young talent-He's the best player on the team

2. Plays everyday (so he will be on the field if she goes to a game and has the jersey on)

3. Long contract (you won't get burned like you might if you bought a Hardy or Fielder jersey..depending on how much of the trade rumors you buy into)

JJ Hardy. I think there is some sort of law or ordinance in most WI counties regarding women and JJ Hardy jerseys. I mean come on, even without the law, I'm sure your gf thinks he's just dreamy, not to mention his stellar soap opera acting abilities.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Patrick425[/b]]JJ Hardy. I think there is some sort of law or ordinance in most WI counties regarding women and JJ Hardy jerseys. I mean come on, even without the law, I'm sure your gf thinks he's just dreamy, not to mention his stellar soap opera acting abilities.

Actually, my own man-love for JJ Hardy drew me to purchase a replica jersey for myself, so unless she wants to be all weirdo-cutsie "Look, we haz the same jersey!", JJ may be off the table.

He's all mine.

My girlfriend also thinks that Hardy is dreamy, but given the trade speculation, I would rule that out. I know when I bought my first player jersey, I debated for a long time. My options were Richie Sexson and Ben Sheets. I eventually decided that Sexson was likely to get traded and I knew that Sheets would probably be around for a long time. That turned out to be a wise choice, and it didn't become outdated (probably) until this offseason.

That said, I would go with a Braun jersey with the only other competition being Gallardo. A Braun jersey should be good for a long time.

ttsather[/b]]
Patrick425 wrote:
JJ Hardy. I think there is some sort of law or ordinance in most WI counties regarding women and JJ Hardy jerseys. I mean come on, even without the law, I'm sure your gf thinks he's just dreamy, not to mention his stellar soap opera acting abilities.

Actually, my own man-love for JJ Hardy drew me to purchase a replica jersey for myself, so unless she wants to be all weirdo-cutsie "Look, we haz the same jersey!", JJ may be off the table.

He's all mine.

Ok, well since it doesn't have to be a player who is currently on the roster, I offer up the obvious choice of Lenn Sakata. But if she doesn't want to be like every one else prancing around in their fancy Sakata jerseys, then I would suggest Babe Ruth. Just because it would be cool to see his name on the back of a Brewer jersey.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Braun or Gallardo. They are the only current Brewers likely to be around more than the next 4 years. After which time it would violate fan law to wear a shirt or jersey with a player's name on it that no longer plays for the team.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So, SATHER plus the number 1 is not in the running? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I really like the look of Carlos Villanueva's autograph. The image I found is a bit large, so I'll link to it instead.

So I advocate going for Villa, then having him sign it.

And if I might add (though this won't help the Stairmaster's case), Matt Stairs has always reminded me of one of my uncles.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You could always make your life easier by selecting the number that matches her birthdate... could help reduce the likelihood of missing any future birthdays if the number is memorable.

You are a smart man.

Her birthday is on the 23rd of its respective month, so Rickie Weeks is now in play.

Everyone has a Braun, Hardy or Fielder jersey. Braun is the Brett Favre defactor jersey, not a bad choice but you are one of a thousand.

My choices...

Gallardo. The man pitched another inning without a knee.

Villy - His sig is awesome....

Hall - That's right... be on the ground floor of his resurgence.

Escobar - JJ Hardy who?

Archived