Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park East

Diggr14

With the addition of CC Sabathia, and the likely, but not done yet exchange of Mike Cameron and Bill Hall, or even the potential Ben Sheets signing... Does the new Yankee Stadium get renamed to Miller Park East? Or... the House that Bernie Brewer Built?

It's pretty ridiculous, I dont remember so many big/moderate name players going from team A to team B in a while. It's almost like a Reggie White thing... one guy goes and his friends ultimately follow whether by trade or Free Agency. All 4 of these players could end up costing almost 240-250 million dollars over the lifetime of their contracts (expected). Not to mention in 3 years when they will in all likelihood be bidding on the big guy too.

CC Sabathia was an Indian moreso than a Brewer. It seems weird that whenever they show him, they show him in a Brewer uniform even they he spent 7 years and won a Cy Young in Cleveland. We just rented him and in my mind, being a Brewer will be a small blip on his career.

It's pretty ridiculous,

What is ridiculous about it? Cameron is only going to the Yankees if the Brewers feel like they are getting value back, Hall is only going to the Yankees if the Brewers want to trade him away and the Brewers have shown absolute zero interest in offering Sheets a multi-year deal.

I think that Sabathia's time with the Brewers will be more remembered than say, Randy Johnson's stint with the Astros (if I am not mistaken that it was for the same length). His performance was unmatched in recent history, and he got a team to the playoffs for the first time in a quarter century in an epic way.

I think that's why you are seeing so much of the highlights of C.C. being a Brewer. In a wierd way, it sort of thrust him into "legend status" even more so than his Cy Young did.

Archived