Brewer Fanatic

reserve middle infielder

piccione88
I don't know about the reserve SS, but I'd like to bring Ray Durham back at 2B, and expand his duties to LF. Durham played a little CF for the White Sox earlier in his career, and while I think that would be a stretch, LF should be no problem for him. If he hits close to last year, you won't find a better bench bat. I would think Braun would start getting some work in RF in spring training, which would in essence make Durham a backup at 3 spots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I agree that Iribarren makes the most sense and I'd like for him to be given a full year to see if he can do a good job as a utility guy. I am guessing he can handle any infield position we'd need him to as well as handle CF in a pinch. No reason to have him on the 40-man roster if he's not being pegged for a spot on the 25-man roster.

I agree that Iribarren makes the most sense and I'd like for him to be given a full year to see if he can do a good job as a utility guy. I am guessing he can handle any infield position we'd need him to as well as handle CF in a pinch. No reason to have him on the 40-man roster if he's not being pegged for a spot on the 25-man roster.
With an OPS of .670 last year, and an OBP of .329, I'm not feeling very optimistic about the Hurricane anymore. It's not like the 25th man gets all that many reps at the plate, but I'd rather have a guy who excels and SOMETHING, whether it be OBP, SLG, or a LH/RH split. Hernan's completely flat at all of these things. Having him as the 25th isn't going to make or break the club, but I gotta believe there's a better option out there, even maybe a minor league free agent.

I guess my line of thinking is that Counsell would be the guy if Iribarren is not. This does not have to be the case, but I think it'll be one of the two. I'd rather "go young and cheap" for this particular role. I agree with you Brian, that The Hurricane is not a top-notch utility guy, but I do feel he could possibly prove to be better than Counsell at the present time.

I guess my line of thinking is that Counsell would be the guy if Iribarren is not. This does not have to be the case, but I think it'll be one of the two. I'd rather "go young and cheap" for this particular role. I agree with you Brian, that The Hurricane is not a top-notch utility guy, but I do feel he could possibly prove to be better than Counsell at the present time.
The plus to Hernan is that he's pretty much free, and can play the OF. The plus to craiggers is that he still can put up a decent OBP. I'll go with neither...

I would think Braun would start getting some work in RF in spring training

Why? Unless I read that the Brewers sign Adam Dunn I don't want Braun spending any time in RF.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived