Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Sports Radio

brewerfanintx

Well in the morning its fairly easy. 1250 is local 6-9 and then switches to Dan Patrick. 540 is Mike and Mike until 9 then goes local 9-12. As for afternoon, in general Homer on 540 will actually talk about sports instead of having a whine fest about women like 1250.

Both Homer and The Big Show are terrible. I listen to Boers and Bernstein on 670 during then...I don't care about the teams they're talking about whatsoever, but they know how to have intelligent sports and culture discussion.

For Brewers pre and post game, it is always, ALWAYS 1250.

1250 for me. 540 has poor reception everywhere I drive and during the afternoon Homer's on and he's pretty much unlistenable to me.

Rp

Really? It's the exact opposite for me. I hardly ever get 1250 out here in Walworth Co(if it's partly cloudy it seems that i can't hear anything). But 540 always comes in strong.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

If you want to listen to guys who don't know what they are talking about listen to the Big Show on 1250, Doug Russell is probably the best guy at that station. They always take way too many callers, and those callers usually have no idea what they are talking about as well. They are the type that think the Packers would be 10-2 with Favre and that would love to trade Cameron for Cabrera because Cameron SUCKS and STRIKES OUT and CAN'T HIT HIGHER THAN .250, and say good riddance Sheets, and say the Brewers are cheap for not getting CC back. Yeah, those types.

I really do not like sports radio in general, but certain people on 1250 just make me angry for some reason. I generally do not agree with the "old school" baseball guys who preach small ball, but I actually like Tim Allen, even though I only agree with about 40% of his views. Sparky, and Doug Russell on the other hand is like listening to nails on a chalk board. Both of them, Sparky mainly say some outlandish things, and anyone who disagrees is crazy, no matter how little proof they have. That guy that used to play football, has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to baseball, but yet they allow him to talk about the Brewers for an hour.

I like Homer though. That is because I agree with alot of the things he says. If I did not I am sure he would have a little bit of the Sparky effect on me. At least Homer uses stats to back up what he says sometimes though.

1250 is generally terrible, except for 11-2 when Rome is on. The local 1250 guys lack talent and any sort of knowledge in general. 540 is better locally, as the D-list presents hosts that can think logically.....but homer can get annoying in the afternoon. The 540 shows also have daily contributions from Tom Haudricourt and Jason Wilde during season (arguably the best brewers and packers beat writers).

dont forget, tim allen's rants are always funny to listen to...
"We're through, man. We're through....So just go ahead and curl up in the fetal position..."

-classic rant

Tim Allen is always pretty enjoyable, mostly because he acts as the voice of reason vs. the Chicken Little fans.

I like 1250 better, but it's all snow after about 4:30pm on my drive from Fond du Lac to West Bend. I can stand Homer, but Mitch Knellis drives me crazy when he gets all New Englander sarcastic.

540 definitely gets the better exclusive people, for whatever reason (Haudricourt, etc.) I like the D-List, mainly for Drew Olson. Also, I do like Homer...though he can get kind of overly opinionated (even for sports talk) and a bit gimmicky sometimes (the stupid "Breaking news...today we'll have Mark Tauscher on, because it's Tuesday with Tauscher!" type stuff). At least he does use stats, like someone else said. I usually agree with his opinions generally, as well.

I listen to 1250 WSSP sometimes, but not as much now that they went with Dan Patrick in the mornings...sorry, but I'd rather hear about local sports stuff. Also, their afternoon guys sound pretty unpolished. Gary Ellerson in particular is usually pretty rough.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I like the Big Unit on 620. He's hilarious with his water softener and arch support plugs. The callers are like me and don't sound all educated to make me feel dumb. And the commercials every 4 minutes mean I don't have to concentrate for too long of a time on any single topic.

guy>

seriously, as for 540 and 1250, both stations have positives and (usually more) negatives. i usually stick to the national stuff on XM for the most part.

For intellegent sports talk, 540 has the edge by far(The D list offers the most intriguing/informative insights), but for entertainment value...I gotta stick with my boys over at 1250. Doug Russell is always right and doesn't allow his callers a chance to speak. Wickett actually owns that show and it should be called the Wickett Show. I'll listen to local sports talk all day long cuz I can get my national news on ESPN. I'm actually a fan of Sparky. He says some stupid stuff from time to time, but he also stands on a ledge and has some good morals. Gary cracks me up. He brings no evidence for his arguments, but he does bring some ideas to the table to discuss. His singing cracks me up!!!!

If there is anyone on here from 1250 or 540, I would like to offer an idea... I would like to guarentee that if you did a daily (M-F) 2 hour MLB show with a huge emphasis on the Brewers and the NL central, you would have a huge listenership. With the hot stove league, you can talk baseball all year long....just look at some of the topics on this website. That's my Christmas wish.

I thought everyone hated 1250. I guess not.

I like 540 a lot. The D-List in the morning is really good - though it was even better with Trenni as a co-host. Drew Olson knows his Brewers.

Plus, having Haudricourt & Wilde on the D-List and Homer really helps.

If you make me choose a sports talk station I guess 1250, but It's not by much. Mostly it's how my schedule is layed out. I'll listen to The Doug Russell show along with Jay Weber on 1130 on the morning drive. If I'm in my car between 9-12 I'll usually listening to the D-List. Drive home is split between Belling on 1130 and whatever cluster-pork of a show is running on 1250 nowadays. I can't stand listening to Gary Ellerson(sp?) and the other guys trying to scream over him is obnoxious. Belling will talk about any major sports news as it happens anyway and I get a more 'common' perspective on it rather than the jock/posing sports geek perspective you get from 1250 that time of day. The National shows on at night are usually more entertaining on 1250.

Archived