Brewer Fanatic

Cameron for Melky Cabrera? Nick Swisher?

NastyTwig
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah -- I am not excited about this deal from a 2009 perspective as it stands today. If other things happen, fine... that could be exciting, but if we stand pat after this trade, it could be a long season.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Melvin would stand pat after this deal. He's talked openly about going after a pitcher via trade.

This trade rumor makes me suspicious that there's a possible deal in which the Brewers would receive a SP & 3B... or perhaps a couple separate deals getting worked on. I will once again regurgitate my desire for Adam Dunn.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Although this might be a bit of a salary dump, Melky provides a LH bat and some youth. If we can include Hall to get a pitcher...all the better. NY media reports a pither from the 40 man likely will be included with Cameron. All hall, maybe we can upgrade the arm...a little...since he is CC's bud.

I have a feeling that if this trade happens many will have to go back through the first few pages and look at their 'sky is falling' posts. Deals with large market teams involve a lot of rumors. I highly doubt it's a one for one deal and part of me thinks this deal was already in place of CC was going to the Yankees. CC wants Cam on the team and the Yankees may have to trade some value to make that happen.

I have a feeling that if this trade happens many will have to go back through the first few pages and look at their 'sky is falling' posts.
I hope that's not a setup for an "I told you so". I believe many of use have an asterisk next to our claims that the sky is falling (asterisk being it's not a straight Cameron for Cabrera swap, and for me, that the money isn't used to take on a bad-contract starting pitcher).

I would eat salary to get Hughes, not Kennedy though. I still find it hilarious that the Yankees want anyone to eat salary, especially with the amount of spending they're doing.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I just read on MLB rumors that the quality of the pitching prospect is in direct relationship to the amount of money the Crew kicks in--I guess it's not going to happen after all.

Interesting. I wonder who that pitcher would be if the Brewers picked up all of Cameron's salary. I'd imagine that could enter Hughes territory especially if the Brewers sent a reasonable (exclude top 15?) prospect back. The Brewers could definitely afford to pay Cameron's salary if they wanted to. Acquiring a Hughes or Kennedy would effectively take away the need to sign 1 SP, that may very well be worth several million when taking into account the pieces coming back.

Melvin has no leverage to get what he wants. Cameron in this market where some very good hitters are still unsigned is not a $10 million dollar player. Other than the Yankees who's out there interested in him? Apparently nobody.
Cameron has value to the Brewers as a well above avg CF. We dont have to trade him especially for trash like cabrera. If the yankees dont want to give us a viable pitcher meaning Hughes or Kennedy they can keep cabrera and let him be their CF. We have nothing to gain by trading Cameron unless we get a legit pitcher back.

Archived