Brewer Fanatic

Cameron for Melky Cabrera? Nick Swisher?

NastyTwig

If Melky can find his minor league line of .296 / .349 / .420 / .769, and play average defense (I've read mixed reviews), I guess he's fine. He was young at every level in the minors, and was thrown early into the mix in the bigs, so he may have potential to outperform that line in his prime, but consider me skeptical he'll be anything special - hasn't shown anything in the majors yet.

This doesn't say good things about the internal opinion on how we'll fare next year. Its a fairly clear downgrade for 2009.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Melky can find his minor league line of .296 / .349 / .420 / .769, and play average defense (I've read mixed reviews), I guess he's fine. He was young at every level in the minors, and was thrown early into the mix in the bigs, so he may have potential to outperform that line in his prime, but consider me skeptical he'll be anything special - hasn't shown anything in the majors yet.

This doesn't say good things about the internal opinion on how we'll fare next year. Its a fairly clear downgrade for 2009.

Archived