Brewer Fanatic

Okay, no CC. What now?

Weirdos19

Seems to me that the relationship between Sheets and the Brewers is pretty much on the rocks. He went to college with a friend of mine and said in August he was basically gone. That he couldn't wait to be a free agent.

I'm beginning to think that we are gonna have to deal Corey Hart. I don't want to, but we need another arm and there is a glut of corner outfielders on the market. This is what I would do.

1. Trade Hart and Nelson to San Francisco for Matt Cain. pencil him in at slot 1B with Yo at 1A.

2. Sign Dunn and stick him in LF, moving Braun to RF.

3. 3 way trade:

Brewers get Roberts, Sherill, Huff

Yankees get Cameron and Suppan

Orioles get Weeks, Hall, Ian Kennedy, and Melky Cabrera

4. Sign Mark Kotsay to a 2 yr deal.

Roberts

Kotsay

Braun

Fielder

Huff

Dunn

Hardy

Kendall

Cain

Yo

Parra

Bush

McClung

I would also trade Tony Gwynn Jr. and Vinny Rottino for Felix Hernandez and JJ Putz. Jack Z is a former Brewers scout so he will know the value that Tony Gwynn and Vinny bring to the table.

Nice attitude.

The Orioles are looking to move players, we all know that. We would be getting some good players, and the Orioles would have to replace open spots at 2nd and third. Heck, Hall could play short for them. The Orioles would get a young starter and a young outfielder as well. They want to move money so the can get Teixeira.

The Yankees get what they want too. They get Mike Cameron for Kennedy and Cabrera, which has been rumored.

Evidently, I'm the only one who thinks this deal is pretty fair.

No way the Giants do that trade. They have Ishikawa who is basically Nelson at first and an outfield that consists of Lewis/Rowand/Winn currently with Schierholtz waiting for an oppurtunity. Hart isn't a need for them.

'young player' is not = 'good prospect'. Cabrera is just not that special a player with the bat, and there are questions about Kennedy going forward. Many reporters felt his attitude was very lax, and he hasn't been able to translate minor league success into MLB success. Kennedy's probably a solid buy-low option at this point.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

No way the Giants do that trade. They have Ishikawa who is basically Nelson at first and an outfield that consists of Lewis/Rowand/Winn currently with Schierholtz waiting for an oppurtunity. Hart isn't a need for them.
That OF wouldn't keep them from wanting Hart, just for Sanchez not Cain. They're not giving up Cain.

Well, wouldn't the O's be better off trading those players individually? Each of them could probably net 3 prospects each. Instead, your proposal gets them 1 prospect (and his star has fallen a bit) and 3 big leaguers that haven't proved to be much more than league average. I'm sorry, but the only team that benefits in this deal is the Brewers.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

That OF wouldn't keep them from wanting Hart, just for Sanchez not Cain. They're not giving up Cain.
Depends on who they think the real Corey Hart is. If they think it's the one from 2007, then I would agree. If they think it's the one from 2008, why would they give up anything when they have guys who are no worse? If they think it's somewhere in between, then it's iffy, but my main point was they would never give up Cain for Hart and you agree.

why would the yankees want soup?

Because for them, he's a reasonably-priced long reliever.

But seriously, Cameron does not have nearly the surplus value to offset Suppan's negative value, unless it's July of their walk years and the trade market for pitching is lackluster. We'd need to either add more surplus value or take on a player with some negative value to make it happen.

Archived