Brewer Fanatic

Freel to the O's, Hernandez to Reds

ELCABALLO45

So does this mean that Wieters is going to start the season with the big league club?

Yeah, the Washington Post reported yesterday that the O's planned to make the switch next year and were shopping Hernandez. I think it's a good move for them. They need to get younger.

Orioles are talking with Zaun and jerkface Michael Barrett as backups for Wieters. Freel works as a good platoon partner in LF with Luke Scott, and a fill in at 3rd when Mora disapears for his annual two week "I might be injured" stint. He's probbly insurance in case they trade Roberts or Mora.

Yeah, the Washington Post reported yesterday that the O's planned to make the switch next year and were shopping Hernandez. I think it's a good move for them. They need to get younger.

The O's have been doing a pretty solid job of stockpiling young talent. I still can't believe the M's traded Jones for Bedard.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The O's have been doing a pretty solid job of stockpiling young talent. I still can't believe the M's traded Jones for Bedard.

The M's also included a pretty well regarded young pitcher in Chris Tillman, along with the useful George Sherrill. Tillman turns 21 in April and could be in Baltimore sometime in 2009. Moves like this made it pretty clear how Jack Z came about with his new job.

Archived