Brewer Fanatic

Who is JJ Hardy's agent?

JJ Hardy Har Har

If Off-Topic is a better forum for this, I apologize. Please move if appropriate.

I am wondering who JJ's agent is. I Googled it and came up with nothing. I ask because my wife's grandfather has recently fallen ill. Him and his wife are some of the biggest Brewers fans I know (for old folks). They love their Brewers. JJ is their favorite player (she thinks he's cute - who doesn't?). I thought getting in touch with the ball club, and his agent would be appropriate avenues to ask for a personalized autograph made out to my wife's grandfather, wishing him well from their favorite ballplayer would be a huge spirit booster for them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. It's just a coincidence that my handle is a play on JJ's name. I love the guy, but this isn't for me.

I'd try contacting the club (like you mentioned). I'd go with a phone call first just so you have a name of someone with whom you spoke, as opposed to just sending in a letter or email & possibly never knowing if anyone even read it. Aside from that generic advice, not much help for ya. Good luck.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For anyone curious, or following... I spoke with Brewers PR. It looks like the chances are slim for two reasons; 1) PR has no real access to players during the off-season, and 2) because it is suggested that I send "proof" of illness to fast-track progress. I absolutely understand, as I'm sure they get a lot of requests, and this procedure is in place to weed out the ones that aren't so serious, or just plain BS. Needless to say, I have limited access to "proof", and I'm not about to ask an ailing man (or his distraught wife) to provide it, especially when it was meant to be a surprise.

I sent an email to Don Mitchell to see if he is JJs current agent, then it is recommended on the site that I send (by mail) any requests, and addressed directly to the athlete... which means it won't stick out from any regular fan mail.

When I was a kid I sent letters with a SASE to get cards autographed, with some success. Perhaps I'll try that route. I'm afraid in the time it takes though, we'll lose him in the process. He was given about 2 months yesterday.

I'd be more then happy to donate my Hardy ROMLB with authentication ball to your wifes grandfather. I know it's not the same as a personalized one, but if it would help lift his spirits I'd gladly send it to you. Let me know if you are interested.

I'd be more then happy to donate my Hardy ROMLB with authentication ball to your wifes grandfather. I know it's not the same as a personalized one, but if it would help lift his spirits I'd gladly send it to you. Let me know if you are interested.
That's a very kind offer, but I want you to keep your ball. Personalized, I think, is the feather in the hat. Thanks.

Good luck. This is a really thoughtful thing you are doing. I hope it works out and your wife's grandfather is not in pain.
He doesn't feel well, but I don't believe he's in any real "pain"... yet. Truth be told, I've just really always liked him, quite a bit in fact. And that's unusual given the climate between my wife's family and I. I'm not looking to gain any points or anything, just make one person I've always connected with feel better, even if only a little.

I have had some success sending requests via. Fed Ex, that will make them stick out. Normally I wouldn't do it, but this is an extreme case. If it can wait, I may try sending a Fed Ex to ST
I don't think he's expected to make it to spring. They/we/I could be wrong. If he does, maybe I'll try that route myself. Thanks for the idea.

Just an idea, but the Brewers "On Deck" thing is coming up on Jan. 24th. at the Midwest Express Center. The autograph lineup or times haven't been announced yet to my knowledge, but I would imagine that Hardy will be signing there in person. I'm would think he would personalize something for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update for anyone who is interested... the Brewers came through for me. I had several conversations with the Manager of Community Relations. She was very polite, very receptive, and eventually put together a package that included an autographed photo, a bobblehead, and a poster. My wife's grandparents are apparently ecstatic. This was one class-act move by the Brewers organization, and more specifically, by Katina Shaw. Thanks Katina.

Quick update for anyone who is interested... the Brewers came through for me. I had several conversations with the Manager of Community Relations. She was very polite, very receptive, and eventually put together a package that included an autographed photo, a bobblehead, and a poster. My wife's grandparents are apparently ecstatic. This was one class-act move by the Brewers organization, and more specifically, by Katina Shaw. Thanks Katina.

That'a great!

Archived