Brewer Fanatic

Trans Siberian Orchestra

cheezscott

Jeans and sweater is definitely okay. The audience for a TSO concert is a total mixed bag. You'll have metal heads in jeans and a Savatage t-shirt, middle-aged professionals in suits and ties, and elderly grandmas in slacks and sweaters. And everyone's there for the same great music, same great story, and same great Christmas joy. It's a pretty neat environment. Enjoy the show, you should love it!
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I will be at the Milwaukee show this Sunday. I went for the first time last year and it was pretty incredible, it is certianly something I plan on going to every year. The only negative is that we had a college aged punk swearing F Yeah after every song. He eventuallt got kicked out but it was annoying for a while. I am pretty sure he was doped up on something.

But yeah jeans and a sweater would be fine. I think that is what I wore last year

I'd dress casually, and just off the top of my head I can think of two reasons why:

1. It's Madison. How many settings in Madison require really high-end outfits?

2. Unless you're sitting next to the stage (I don't know how this show is laid out), the lights are going to be down during the performance, so who would notice your clothing?

If you're really worried, wear Dockers or their equivalent.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

hawing wrote:

I don't know how this show is laid out

The Stage is going to be in front of where the Student section is. Miller Lite at concession stands in sections 104, 124, 201, 226, and the Floor stand, Bud Light in sections 106, 126, 222, 204, and Floor Stand. Mikes Hard Lemonade and White Zin at all the stands.

Traditionally it's been 2.5 hours each year. Not sure this year but I'd expect the same.

It's essentially broken into two distinct pieces....each really cool The first half is their traditional "Christmas Rock Opera." It's what you'd see on their DVD, etc. Great theater and performances. The second half is what I like to call their "just showing off," which plays many classic music with their twist....showcasing the talent on the stage. These people are seriously talented....seriously.

So who was all their yesterday? I bought my tickets one week after they were available through Ticketmaster and the best available were in 441. Needless to say, being in 441 did take away a little enjoyment because me missed out on a lot of the lights show. That being said it was still a darn good show. They probably shouldnt have even sold tickets in 441. I also have a hard time believing that those were the best tickets available after only a week of being on sale.

I was at the 7:30 show Sunday. My wife won freebies so were in the fifth row, but off the floor. Got kind of annoying having to sit twisted in order to see the stage (like watching baseball at the Metrodome).

This will put me in the minority, but I was somewhat underwhelmed. True, they are quite talented, but doubtful if I'll go back next year.

Was the Kohl Center sold out Thursday?

Archived