Brewer Fanatic

Francouer for Grienke in the works?

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe has heard that the Royals and Braves are in serious discussions about a trade that would swap Jeff Francoeur for Zack Greinke.

According to one source, the only thing holding back the deal is the Braves' impending deal with A.J. Burnett. Royals GM Dayton Moore worked with a young Francoeur while the two were in Atlanta. The Royals would cut payroll with the move, but the Braves would be the clear beneficiary if this rumor has substance.

If that is the case why doesn't Doug get on the phone and ask them if they are interested in Hart? If all it takes is Francouer to get Grienke I would deal Hart straight up for him in a heart beat.

This sounds like bull to me. There would have to be some high pitching prospects going with Frenchy to the Royals for this to be even. Do the Royals even need an OFer?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

there is absolutely no way that can be true. although it does fit in with the plan the Royals apparently have to have the lowest collective team OBP in baseball history.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Nice to know that we are sucking our thumbs watching a guy like Greinke get traded. If we could have dangled Hart and something marginal and we didn't because "CC's agent says we still have a shot", I will watch us take a step or two back the next few years.
I am pretty sure CC would have no effect on a trade like this, the salary effects would be relatively minimal at this point.

If this is true (assuming pitching prospects would be included to the Royals), it could mean that Hart is headed to Atlanta to replace Francouer in RF.

And I agree with Fondy...If it would only take Hart to get Greinke, the CC contract talks wouldn't hold that up. CC, Yo, Greinke, Parra, Soup/Bush is one sick rotation by the way

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I just can't fathom how we'd let a shot at Greinke get away from us. If we lose CC/Sheets like we probably will (and Doug knows this), we need a top starter more than any team in baseball (when you consider we are supposedly now a playoff contender). I just can't see why we wouldn't be more aggressive than any team in baseball for a guy like Greinke.

I'm all for a Hart for Greinke deal. But that would raise the question, if a deal like that goes down, who's playing RF for the Brewers?

The FA choices aren't that attractive. I doubt Dunn could cut in RF, Abreu perhaps, but his defense is in serious decline.

I'd try to expand the deal to include DeJesus or Teahen.

This is ridiculous. Teams like the Braves and Cubs are RUMORED to be trading garbage for stub pitchers while we pretend that CC is interested in us. Wont be too long and we'll be taking the fat girl to the prom.
Exactly. (Although Derosa is a solid player, they can still plug in Fontenot and lose nothing).

If this trade goes down along with the Peavy to the Cubs trade, I'll be an abosulte wreck. I'd much rather have Greinke, and have wanted him on the Crew for a long time. Why not Hart for Greinke? He's just like Francouer but only better. You'd think maybe, just maybe, Dayton Moore would be interested in picking up the better player.

I'm all for a Hart for Greinke deal. But that would raise the question, if a deal like that goes down, who's playing RF for the Brewers?
If a Hart for Greinke deal could happen, I'd do it in a heartbeat and worry about RF later. Heck, I'd almost be content watching Chris Magruder roam RF again if it meant we got Greinke for Hart.

Is Dayton Moore really that stupid, though?

Archived