Brewer Fanatic

No talk about the Cubs Felix Pie?

I just saw that the Cubs have apparently offered Pie to Texas for Gerald Laird. And I thought the Inman+ for Linebrink trade was bad. This Pie deal would take the cake. Teams have seemed reluctant in recent years to deal top prospects for scrubs (maybe since the Kazmir debacle in 2004), but the worm may have turned.

According to the New York Post, the Rangers might consider trading catcher Gerald Laird and a reliever to the Cubs for centerfield prospect Felix Pie. Makes sense, especially if the Rangers go against our GM's advice and take Salty.

I'd love to substitute Pie for Gwynn, throw in a guy from our deep AAA relief core, and get Laird and Benoit. Laird would be a massive upgrade defensively over Estrada, and has heated up at the plate recently after a slow start. His OPS was over 800 last year, and we'd control him for 3 more years.

Quote:
I just saw that the Cubs have apparently offered Pie to Texas for Gerald Laird. And I thought the Inman+ for Linebrink trade was bad. This Pie deal would take the cake.

What don't you like about Laird, or are you just real high on Pie?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived