Brewer Fanatic

Braves show interest in Hardy.

According to David O'Brien the Braves have shown interest in J.J. Hardy. Melvin has shown that he has very little interest in moving Hardy, so I would imagine the Braves would have to blow us away. I dont see the Braves giving up Heyward, or Hanson though since they were very reluctant to put them in the Peavey deal.

The Braves would be getting the short end of the deal in a Heyward for Hardy trade.

I think if the Braves are really interested, they could offer up a deal I proposed here about a month ago where they get Hardy and the Brewers get Kelly Johnson and Gregor Blanco and one of either Cole Rohrbough or Kris Medlin.

I think its time to move Hardy. His stock is not going to go any higher than it is now. A trade like the one mentioned above solves three problems for the Brewers 1) young and cheap, Blanco allows the Brewers to trade Cameron to the Yankees for pitching prospects, 2) top of the order batters, and 3) good obp guys. Whatever value Hardy does have a a power hitting, low range SS is cant match up with the latter.

Archived